Dual Sense Controller (3rd Party) Touchpad
Dual Sense Controller (3rd Party) Triggers
Dual Sense Controller (3rd Party) Shoulders
Dual Sense Controller (3rd Party) Dpad

PS5-1.png
PS5-2.png
PS5-3.png

Specs:

These are high poly scans, average poly count per mesh is about 2,500,000 triangles.

NOTE:
3D scans aren't perfect, if light cannot hit certain parts of the object then the scan will contain 'Blobs' in those areas.
These scans are provided as reference only. No assistance will be provided on how to use this data.

Downloads:

Meshes: PS5 Dual Sense Controller (3rd Party) Scan

Shell requested and paid for by @Kamp

Is this model compatible with an OEM shell? If so, is it a scan of the BDM-010/020, or the newer BDM-030/040?

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Is this model compatible with an OEM shell? If so, is it a scan of the BDM-010/020, or the newer BDM-030/040?
No idea since it was just a 3rd party shell replacement that was scanned, but considering the scan was uploaded before the BDM-030/040 was supposedly released I'm going to take an educated guess and say it's a scan of the older type.
tkt-smart.gif

I found a teardown of the BDM-030 from Jan 28, 2023, which is a week after this was uploaded. I'm printing the front shell right now to see if it matches my BDM-040 controller (which uses the same shell as the BDM-030)

Also out of curiosity, was the third party shell from eXtremeRate?

EDIT: Compared the model to iFixIt's teardown of the BDM-020, and it matches, so this is for the BDM-010 and BDM-020.

Last edited:

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
If you take the time frames into account:

• I would have ordered this at least a week before it arrived for scanning.
  • The Ebay seller would have had to had the products for sale for at least a short amount of time before that.
  • The aftermarket shells themselves would have needed to be designed, manufactured and sent out to resellers at least months before that.

I'm fairly confident that this shell is at least a mid 2022 design. Not only that but printing it in it's current state is unsuable, you'd be better off just comparing to the 3D model on your screen.

If you take the time frames into account:

• I would have ordered this at least a week before it arrived for scanning.
  • The Ebay seller would have had to had the products for sale for at least a short amount of time before that.
  • The aftermarket shells themselves would have needed to be designed, manufactured and sent out to resellers at least months before that.

I'm fairly confident that this shell is at least a mid 2022 design. Not only that but printing it in it's current state is unsuable, you'd be better off just comparing to the 3D model on your screen.
Yeah, that makes sense, especially after I compared to pictures of the BDM-020 from iFixIt, which (at least the front model) matches almost exactly, minus the obvious differences from the OEM controller, like identification stamps and date code stamp.