PSU-Plus Official Release

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
The PSU-Plus is the spiritual successor to Noah's RVL-PSU, designed for ease of assembly and versatility across many micro-type builds.

Like it's predecessor, the PSU-Plus has 1V, 1.15V, 3.3V and 5V regulators. Where the PSU-Plus differs is the addition of a 1.8V regulator for builds that remove the LDO from the Wii (such as Wesk's GC Micro and the GC Nano).

I designed this board when the TLV62130RGTR regulators were out of stock as a drop-in replacement for the RVL-PSU. It has the exact same board outline dimensions, as well as the same screw hole layout / dimensions.

I have added an additional VIN pad for builds that use VIN elsewhere in the project (such as feeding 12V to the audio amplifier / sensor bar in the Noldendo Miicro). I have also added jumper pads to enable / disable the 1v8 and 5v regulars if your build does not require either of them.

VIN Min: 5V
VIN Max: 18V
Max current output (per regulator): 3A

1684986598250.png
1684986609243.png

I am releasing these under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

If you are interested in buying one of these boards pre-assembled, I will be selling them for $40 USD plus shipping. Feel free to reach out via forum DMs or via Discord (I have the same username / pfp in the BB server)!

Attachments

Last edited:
The PSU-Plus is the spiritual successor to Noah's RVL-PSU, designed for ease of assembly and versatility across many micro-type builds.

Like it's predecessor, the PSU-Plus has 1V, 1.15V, 3.3V and 5V regulators. Where the PSU-Plus differs is the addition of a 1.8V regulator for builds that remove the LDO from the Wii (such as Wesk's GC Micro and the GC Nano).

I designed this board when the TLV62130RGTR regulators were out of stock as a drop-in replacement for the RVL-PSU. It has the exact same board outline dimensions, as well as the same screw hole layout / dimensions.

I have added an additional VIN pad for builds that use VIN elsewhere in the project (such as feeding 12V to the audio amplifier / sensor bar in the Noldendo Miicro). I have also added jumper pads to enable / disable the 1v8 and 5v regulars if your build does not require either of them.

VIN Min: 5V
VIN Max: 18V
Max current output (per regulator): 3A

View attachment 27689View attachment 27690
Note that I have a picture of an older revision of the assembled board, prior to adding jumpers and the extra VIN pad. I am currently assembling new boards and those are what will be in the release files / for sale. I will likely change these pictures once I have the time to sit down and take new ones.

I am releasing these under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

If you are interested in buying one of these boards pre-assembled, I will be selling them for $40 USD plus shipping. Feel free to reach out via forum DMs or via Discord (I have the same username / pfp in the BB server)!
this is so cool i have like 7 or 8 wiis that are 6 layer boards that i wanted to do something with so thank you so much for the effort you put into this it will make it so much easier to continue making fun projects. i would love to purchase one too when you start making them.

While I don't regret the hell I went through to get functioning RVL-PSU boards, I'm so happy this is a reality now!

GOOD SHIT GADGET.

Portables
While I don't regret the hell I went through to get functioning RVL-PSU boards, I'm so happy this is a reality now!

GOOD SHIT GADGET.
Thank you Morklympious and CrazyGadget for your updated RVL-PSU files. I didn't think the PSU-Plus would be released, so I ordered the boards/components to make RVL-PSUs Sunday of last week. lol, oops.

Hi, I'm a newbie to all things electronics so sorry for the noob question. If I want to order PSU-Plus from PCBWAY using the provided Gerber files, will I receive a PSU-Plus that is ready to use for a Noldendo build. Or is there some extra soldering of components that I need to do onto the PSU-Plus board?

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
Hi, I'm a newbie to all things electronics so sorry for the noob question. If I want to order PSU-Plus from PCBWAY using the provided Gerber files, will I receive a PSU-Plus that is ready to use for a Noldendo build. Or is there some extra soldering of components that I need to do onto the PSU-Plus board?
You'll get just the blank boards with no components, so you'd need to order all the parts from Digi-Key and assemble them yourself. I do sell pre-assembled boards if you're interested.

You'll get just the blank boards with no components, so you'd need to order all the parts from Digi-Key and assemble them yourself. I do sell pre-assembled boards if you're interested.
Can a person with not much soldering experience put together the PSU-Plus? Are the components listed on the BOM sheet for 1 PSU-Plus board?

How much would it roughly cost to send a pre-assembled board to the UK? Will there be a future shop to purchase these pre-assembled such as the 4-Layer Shop?

Thanks for getting back to me

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
Can a person with not much soldering experience put together the PSU-Plus? Are the components listed on the BOM sheet for 1 PSU-Plus board?

How much would it roughly cost to send a pre-assembled board to the UK? Will there be a future shop to purchase these pre-assembled such as the 4-Layer Shop?

Thanks for getting back to me
Without much soldering experience, I would say it likely wouldn't be easy to put one together. That being said, there's a first time for everything! If you don't already have a hot air rework station, I'd highly recommend picking one up. Supposedly there are some decent 858 clones on Aliexpress that are pretty good bang for the buck.

I do have an Etsy store where I put these up, but right now I have them as out of stock since I'm waiting on a shipment. If you DM me your address, I can tell you exactly how much it will cost.

can someone make the cpl or eagle file available please

Last edited: