Guide Resin Casting / Molding Buttons

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I had similar trouble, looked exactly the same. I would try my best to fill both sides separately, then sandwich them together and put a small weight on top while it dries. There would be some overflow so do it on a disposable surface. Molds should in good practice be designed with pour spouts and over flow holes to get perfect amount. then the spouts are trimmed off afterwards. But this can be difficult engineering for hobby molds we make.

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Covering all parts/surfaces of the mold with resin, slowly putting them together & using a small weight seems to have done the trick. thx Gman.

To get the most out of your Resin Molds, it is important to prepare them before each use. This will help ensure that your molds last longer and produce better quality casts.
There are a few simple steps that you can take to prepare your Resin Molds for each use:

Last edited:
Anyone have experience using liquid silicone rubber? If I'm making a two-part mold, would silicone mold release work on liquid silicone so long as the first half dried? How do I ensure no resin spills when joining the halves of a two-part mold together? Am I supposed to make a small hole? Are there designated syringes for injecting resin into a silicone mold?