Question RV loader wont install

I'm just starting making my own Wii portable, and I'm setting up the wii with RV loader before I trim it. I've gotten all of the other software downloaded on the Wii, and I tried following the guide for RV loader, but it won't show up on the homebrew channel. I've tried unzipping it on a USB drive, as well as the SD card that I used for everything else, and all the files seem to be there, but I can't get it to show up. Is there something obvious that I'm missing here? Or has anyone else had this problem?

Let me know if you guys know what I'm doing wrong, or if you have any troubleshooting ideas.

But both unzipped files on in the root of both the usb and sd card like the rvloader folder then inside it should be apps wbfs etc select all of it and copy it to the root of the sd and usb that are formatted in fat32 and mbr

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I'm just starting making my own Wii portable, and I'm setting up the wii with RV loader before I trim it. I've gotten all of the other software downloaded on the Wii, and I tried following the guide for RV loader, but it won't show up on the homebrew channel. I've tried unzipping it on a USB drive, as well as the SD card that I used for everything else, and all the files seem to be there, but I can't get it to show up. Is there something obvious that I'm missing here? Or has anyone else had this problem?

Let me know if you guys know what I'm doing wrong, or if you have any troubleshooting ideas.
So when you remove the SD card and just have the USB connected, the RVLoader installer still isn't in the HBC list? Is the USB in FAT32 with 32k clusters, and can you provide a screenshot of the file structure of the USB?

So when you remove the SD card and just have the USB connected, the RVLoader installer still isn't in the HBC list? Is the USB in FAT32 with 32k clusters, and can you provide a screenshot of the file structure of the USB?
I managed to get it to show up in the HBC somehow. I put RV loader on both the usb and SD card, and that worked. I can’t imagine why though, maybe I did something different somewhere. Works great so far, although when I boot the Homebrew channel from the wii menu it is upside down. Is that a usual thing?

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I managed to get it to show up in the HBC somehow. I put RV loader on both the usb and SD card, and that worked. I can’t imagine why though, maybe I did something different somewhere. Works great so far, although when I boot the Homebrew channel from the wii menu it is upside down. Is that a usual thing?
Yes. RVLoader modifies a few IOS modules to allow it to run games and apps without the disc drive, BT module, and Wifi module. One of those IOS modules is one that people used to have to mod to make homebrew work, but when a better method was found the devs of the HBC made it flip upside down when that IOS module was found to be altered. The intention was to dissuade people from using the old, inferior CIOS patches

Yes. RVLoader modifies a few IOS modules to allow it to run games and apps without the disc drive, BT module, and Wifi module. One of those IOS modules is one that people used to have to mod to make homebrew work, but when a better method was found the devs of the HBC made it flip upside down when that IOS module was found to be altered. The intention was to dissuade people from using the old, inferior CIOS patches
Interesting, thanks for letting me know!