RVLoader v2.0

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Sadly, no luck. If I format my SD card, Do I just copy all the RVLoader files and the Ashida will work fine?
Yes. Make a backup of the saves folder and the emunand one (under /rvloader/Hiidra)

Hey. Do you want a full list or a game at a time? I have quite a few that work on 1.6 that don't work or have issues on 2.0.

My setup. Ashida Wii. Knock off one from China I'm afraid but I don't want that to be a case of well your running shit hardware so lay down and die or words to that affect. I'm joking of course.

It's got a 5 inch IPS screen. The only difference apart from the more genuine proper mods on here is that rather than having a USB C port it has a DC or barrel charging port. The cells were faulty so I've replaced them and now get about 2-3 hour charge from them.

I didn't build it so I can't provide a great detail about the build.

It wasn't great but it's not a complete pig of a build.

My thoughts are:

If it works on 1.6 and no longer works on 2.0 then that isn't a hardware issue my friend it's something that's been removed from 2.0 that was included in 1.6. No idea what that is but you will as you put this together very nicely may I add.

Specs

5 inch IPS screen
1 TB micro SD (Team Group) formatted to Fat 32 with 32k cluster as recommended.
(Note I've used 3 other makes on 2.0 and the issues do not differ) i.e. they work on 1.6 but not on the latest build.

Games tested so far are:

RBMPGT - Bust-A-Move

1.6 boots fine.
2.0 green screen on boot

SEME4Q - Disney Epic Mickey

1.6 boots fine.
2.0 Gives Wii system error shortly after saving game. Can't continue.

R7XE69 - Need for Speed Nitro

1.6 boots fine.
2.0 has serious screen issues and glitching that make it completely unplayable.

I'm only a ahort way through my tests but if you need more I can provide. Just not had the time.

I've got about 70 games and only about 20% through testing them.

I can keep testing and provide examples.

Please let me know what's best for you a full sample or just a game at a time.

Cheers and thanks for your hard work.

Where do cheat txt files go? Also, is there a way to force 480p? MM9 running in 480i on my HDTV looks really bad.

Last edited:
Everyone probably knows this but just found something out. If your VC games doesn't respond to any form of mapping then download free the wads and patch the wad with it. Worked on quite a few wads that didn't respond to mapping. Like I say probably common knowledge but if not then it may help someone.

Any chance of getting this to work with the loader.?

The Mii channel doesn't work with a GC controller

Even if I map controls it doesn't work.

I've no BT module on my portable.

Are there any other ways of installing mii's via the loader?

This worked perfectly on my Wii but when I load it on HB via the loader it freezes.

No other ways of installing my mii's via the loader?

Viilmo

Portables
Any chance of getting this to work with the loader.?

The Mii channel doesn't work with a GC controller

Even if I map controls it doesn't work.

I've no BT module on my portable.

Are there any other ways of installing mii's via the loader?

This worked perfectly on my Wii but when I load it on HB via the loader it freezes.

No other ways of installing my mii's via the loader?
Must be some problems on your side, I was able to create my mii using gc controller and with no bt
Did you save the gc2wiimote settings or just press b

So the Mii channel working from RV loader mapped to GC controller works fine for you,? If so could you share your settings as the GC controller doesn't work at all in the Mii channel using the wad I was given. What wad did you use? perhaps the wad I have is not working. Can you let me know your exact set up and wad so I can replicate it?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
IIRC the BT module needs to be present for the Mii channel to work correctly, unless Aurelio has patched it and i missed that note

if someone got the same issue like me, that you can't use the GC2Wiiremote, because it do not work on some wii games, just press b to open the configuration and then go to Padmode and change it from auto to bypass :-)

Has anyone found a good way to play Super Paper Mario? It plays completely fine until you need to "point" the wiimote at the TV. The times when the game automatically brings up the wii cursor for Pixl it works fine, but any time you need the game to realize you're trying to "point" at the TV it just won't work.

No. I don't believe it's possible. I've gone through every game in the Wii library that's considered decent or at least average. Any game that has motion controls I've deleted. The same for any games that have way too many controls or combinations to be mapped. I believe the Zelda games use motion in some form which is a shame. I've got around 78 games that are mappable or use native GC controls. Shake is random. On some games it works and some it doesn't. Also some games just don't work with mapping. An example are the Angry Birds games. 2 simple games but no matter what's mapped they don't accept input. I've found that with quite a few games. Just don't accept input. I'm still on 1.6 as the new version broke quite a few games for me.

No. I don't believe it's possible. I've gone through every game in the Wii library that's considered decent or at least average. Any game that has motion controls I've deleted. The same for any games that have way too many controls or combinations to be mapped. I believe the Zelda games use motion in some form which is a shame. I've got around 78 games that are mappable or use native GC controls. Shake is random. On some games it works and some it doesn't. Also some games just don't work with mapping. An example are the Angry Birds games. 2 simple games but no matter what's mapped they don't accept input. I've found that with quite a few games. Just don't accept input. I'm still on 1.6 as the new version broke quite a few games for me.
did you try padmode bypass instead of auto?

Tried Angry Birds on new version using bypass. Doesn't work. Like I've said. Some games simply refuse any kind of input. No idea why.