Secret Santa 2020: Post your gifts here!

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
It’s finally that time of year again! Despite 2020 being a bit of a wild rollercoaster, it has overall been a great year for portablizing, with the community certainly growing in more ways than one. For that, all of the BitBuilt team and staff members thank everyone for making some awesome projects throughout the year and making 2020 (and BitBuilt) an enjoyable year and place to be a part of! Without your contributions throughout each and every year, BitBuilt would not be the place it has become.

With that said, please post your Christmas presents from your Secret Santa in this thread. We all would love to see what everyone got this year. There is no rules regarding waiting until Christmas to open your received gift. People have busy schedules around this time, so feel free to open it whenever you receive it! Remember to contact staff if your present did not arrive before Christmas.

Merry Christmas Portablizers! Let’s hope we can all meet up sometime in 2021! Stay hopeful!

4C7A105C-BCCB-4C9A-90E3-D074C4985E29.jpeg

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
My gift arrived! The second I saw Gunnar's name on the box, I knew I was in for a treat.

IMG_20201213_115613~2.jpg

Holy crap... a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing G-Boy kit?! As always, Gman sets the bar insanely high!!!

IMG_20201214_210054~3.jpg

This is definitely getting a direct drive and IPS 640x480 panel slapped into it. (Assembling it will be my reward after finals week.)

Thanks a million, @Gman! This is literally the best gift I could've asked for! <3

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
My gift arrived! The second I saw Gunnar's name on the box, I knew I was in for a treat.

View attachment 15291
Holy crap... a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing G-Boy kit?! As always, Gman sets the bar insanely high!!!

View attachment 15293
This is definitely getting a direct drive and IPS 640x480 panel slapped into it. (Assembling it will be my reward after finals week.)

Thanks a million, @Gman! This is literally the best gift I could've asked for! <3
Have fun building it! The direct drive looks great in the GBoy

Hey everyone! I hope the struggle in preparation for Christmas hasn't been too hard on any of you guys

The gift from my secret Santa arrived yesterday and oh boy what a treat!
The Gamecube came pre-modded with Swiss as well as an sd2sp2 card reader (nice)

The other boards are the following:
- an FTDI USB<->UART bridge
- an ATSAMD11 dev board custom designed by my secret santa
IMG_20201218_104154.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 11.02.24 am.png

Many thanks to Herma for the gifts! I definitely got spoilt this year and I'm so excited for the many more community events we have yet to experience :)

Have a very merry Christmas everyone <3

- Lettuce

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Just got my secret Santa present from @CrazyGadget in the mail. It's a custom GameCube controller, built to my aesthetic. White front, blue back, clear blue buttons, blue and white paracord... and of course, 2 pupils. Thank you CrazyGadget. I love it!
20201219_125858.jpg

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Just got my secret Santa present from @CrazyGadget in the mail. It's a custom GameCube controller, built to my aesthetic. White front, blue back, clear blue buttons, blue and white paracord... and of course, 2 pupils. Thank you CrazyGadget. I love it!
View attachment 15367
I'm so glad you like it! USPS sure gave a scare. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Portables
This is where the fun begins! Thank you @BocuD :D. He get got me the 1997 Rerelease of the Original trilogy, which imo is awesome cause the improved celebration scenes in ROTJ are worth the special edition even tho they get a fair bit of hate. Do have to dig up my old VHS player but man they make a great display prop, so thank you very much <3
He also got me a mint condition Gameboy advance, the white is still looking so good, it's gonna look awesome next to my clear gameboy color
IMG_20201221_105937.jpg

So a huge shoutout to my Secret Santa, @Shank! He gave me 4 wiis, 2 4board amd 2 6board, 4 sets of awg, shielded wire, a GC+, a set of resin cast Gamecube buttons, and what looks like a keychain inspired by the Gamecube Joycons! As someone whos only gotten into the portablizing scene really recently, this is really amazing, and it made me really glad to be part of this community. Thanks so much, m'dude!

Attachments

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
I got my Secret Santa today right on cue (Christmas Day). It’s a really nice handmade pen with an Articuno on it from the Pokémon series. I’m sure this took a while for him to make and it feels absolutely top quality, definitely not a cheap Chinese pen. It’s actually quite heavy.

E1EFA6C7-1653-4779-A637-1FCD8B01ED1E.jpeg

Very cool! Thanks Santa!

Portables
1 (Aran)
Received my secret santa from @Lettuce the other week.
I absolutely Love the addition of the Black DMG for my collection as well as the japanese Pokemon blue. was even pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of batteries on the DMG. Thanks a lot Lettuce.

20201225_165329.jpg

Benge

Portables
4 : O-Wii (V1,V2,V2.1)/ BS2
I receive my secret santa before Christmas, I post now,
I got a semiconductor tester, I really like this little tester it's really very useful :D !
I really like the small epoxy tree, perfect for decorating <3
My secret Santa also send me British candies, I'm not a big fan but thanks anyway.
20201224_142356.jpg

20201224_142005.jpg

And some casted gamecube and nintendo DS buttons, I really like the color, thanks again.

I did not manage to guess who it is, in any case thank you very much, I liked this gifts very much <3:D

I started on the Christmas gifts for this year, the better half :big_boss: saw the Holiday templates at Eagle; so that's my Christmas projects for this year. I got the first two done except for some sanding and finish, a Chip Tray, and the Snowman, and another Snowman ready to rout out the inside.

I also have the Christmas tree, Stocking, Angel, Bells, and Candy Cane templates.
Guess I'll be a little busy. :moil:

Have to get more stock (Cherry, Walnut, Maple), but I can't go while it's raining; so i'll get a little rest for the next couple of days ;)

dadshop
Attachments

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I started on the Christmas gifts for this year, the better half :big_boss: saw the Holiday templates at Eagle; so that's my Christmas projects for this year. I got the first two done except for some sanding and finish, a Chip Tray, and the Snowman, and another Snowman ready to rout out the inside.

I also have the Christmas tree, Stocking, Angel, Bells, and Candy Cane templates.
Guess I'll be a little busy. :moil:

Have to get more stock (Cherry, Walnut, Maple), but I can't go while it's raining; so i'll get a little rest for the next couple of days ;)

Attachments
Getting ready early is wise, and I like the snowman chippy dish. However, this thread was for last year's Secret Santa, we'll make a new one for this year closer to the date.