Secret Santa 2022: Post your gifts here!

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Hey everyone! This thread is for for those that partook in the Secret Santa gift exchange to post what gifts they received. So, post your pics and your reactions!

Last edited:

cy

Portables
Super Mario and some sweet tracks. My secret Santa really knows me! Thanks Cyframe!
I'm so glad you're enjoying this stuff! Merry Christmas man!

My secret santa for this year was @That_Random_Guy . And oh baby! Where do I even begin?

A lot of this stuff was inside of some custom painted and 3d printed boxes for the occasion. The allen wrench to open said boxes was also included. I really love the faded look, it captures the steins;gate aesthetic amazingly well! What wasn't inside of these beautiful custom boxes (but I should clarify was included and wrapped instead) was a figure of Kurisu from Steins;Gate and a 3d printed shell for a clock which will soon make more sense.
SS2.png

Before we got to what the boxes had in them, let's appreciate how this beautiful figure looks on my desk since we can't really see it too well in its original box:
SS8.png
SS888.png

As someone who's wanted anime figures for a while now and is yet to own any, this alone means a great deal to me!

Let's look at what's inside those wonderfully custom boxes he sent me:
SS1.png

On the left we've got a mostly unpopulated PCB, above and below it are some bags containing the components necessary to make what will be a nixie tube clock which will go inside of the grandfather radio styled shell presented in the first image. I should mention that the nixie tubes are a reference to Steins;Gate for those who aren't aware.

On the right we've got Eden of the East on a Blueray + DVD combo set which I'm really excited to check out!

Finally in the middle, we've got Steins;Gate, The Steins;Gate Movie, And the limited edition of Steins;Gate 0 which included some other wonderful goodies that I'm excited to make use of!

Here we can see the art cards, phone stand, and phone strap that were included:
SS3.png
SS4.png

The phone stand will be especially useful for when I'm working on projects. I've lost count of how many times I've propped my phone up against something only for it to fall over while I'm trying to look at a diagram. The phone strap will be great too since I've recently gotten into running/jogging.

That_Random_Guy went WAY above and beyond with this gift and I sincerely cannot thank him enough for all of this wonderful stuff! The amount of thought and time that went into the boxes alone means so much to me that I'm putting one of the boxes on display in my room. You really outdid yourself this year man! Thank you ever so much again! :D

P.S.
He didn't actually send a sock with the gifts, I just put it in the photo for those who'll get the joke.

Last edited:

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Nice! @That_Random_Guy told be about what he was sending over and I new you'd love it haha. Where's the Nixies though. WHERE'S THE TUBES .
Also you can totally get a Bluray player for like 5$ at your local Goodwill or thrift store to avoid the horror that is DVD on large displays in 2022. If for some reason that's not the case let me know and I can pick one up to bring along to MGC @Cyframe

cy

Portables
I've seen em around locally so I'm sure I'll find one. Because I wanted to put the box the nixies came in on display, I ended up putting those in a separate bag to keep em together and I forgot to include them in the image. Whoops!

To be fair they are in the first image lol. In that top right box and with some antique sockets.
I didnt make it easy for em to have to unbolt every lid off every box. Was going to use special hardware as a joke but decided not to last second.

Lol received mine today. Gotta say my meme of me sending someone a sock got reversed on me. Love it. Unfortunately it was hidden under some pico chip prototype packing material. Love it y2k and you did a great job not leading it on since ive known about this project for a bit lol. Also the sock is a tad small so imma need to return it for a bigger size. Jk didnt try it on but now your missing a sock. Those things are expensive now.

Attachments

Wow, it’s a pity I missed secret Santa this year. I was too busy working to check on the forum. But I’m happy for you all, guys, and I hope everyone got a lovely gift! I love giving gifts and think of it as one of the best traditions in our culture. I use any opportunity to give my friends/family cool gifts.
And this Christmas will not be an exception because I’ve already ordered nice presents from jetgiftbaskets.com for each of them. I will customize the baskets a little, so they resemble the person’s interests more and add something valuable inside. I think it’s a good idea for a present.

Last edited:

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
@MikaMaslak, I nominate you for best prank of the year!!! I opened a mysterious package, and was greeted with the following paper:

20221220_200616.jpg

I straight up thought this was legit until I actually read it. You had me in the first half, not gonna lie. Taking a better look into the package, I found the so-called "Christmas Tree Portable"

20221220_200540.jpg
20221220_200544.jpg
20221220_200547.jpg
20221220_200549.jpg
20221220_200554.jpg

This thing is a piece of art and I shall cherish it for the rest of my days. It goes quite well with my other PPI stuff:

20221220_201836.jpg

There was another box! With all the following in it:

20221220_200433.jpg

A Pi 3B with a cool heatsink, a Pickit 3 clone, some Pokemon stickers, some googly eyes, some micro SD cards (apparently they're cursed and won't work with Wiis) and a very nice, handwritten note!

Thank you thank you thank you for all the goodies! Who knows, maybe I'll have to redeem that coffee offer someday

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
@MikaMaslak, I nominate you for best prank of the year!!! I opened a mysterious package, and was greeted with the following paper:

View attachment 25574
Nomination accepted. Appropriate title dispensed to the winner (and only nominee) of the 2022 PrankMaster competition! *round of applause*

A genius prank executed perfectly, and that tree is pretty sick NGL

Portables
Thank you @Kamp for these wonderful gifts, im excited about using the funny playing lcd, I’m also going to make good use of the gba xl! Btw the shell is pretty smooth :D. I will reach out to you when I’m ready to build this gba xl.
C1C8F9EB-B104-46F4-86C6-471C57B64268.jpeg
31ACB050-298A-47B0-9020-C1BC97A85792.jpeg
EFFAB393-128F-4C6C-A138-6FBD3022F5DC.jpeg
CA704B3E-F43C-437E-ACFB-B257FD949D1F.jpeg
5C8CF164-A9AB-405D-B31A-6CF60EC2A2DE.jpeg