Contains:

Sega Saturn Controller Top
Sega Saturn Controller Bottom
Sega Saturn Controller Trigger

SS1.png
SS2.png
SS3.png

Specs:

These are high poly scans, average poly count per mesh is about 2,500,000 triangles.

NOTE:
3D scans aren't perfect, if light cannot hit certain parts of the object then the scan will contain 'Blobs' in those areas.
These scans are provided as reference only. No assistance will be provided on how to use this data.

Downloads:

Meshes: Sega Saturn Controller Scan

Do you still have this controller? If so, can you scan the DPad (top and bottom) and the buttons?

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Do you still have this controller? If so, can you scan the DPad (top and bottom) and the buttons?
I don't, and I generally don't bother to scan simpler items such as Dpads and buttons as they are difficult to scan and pretty simple to create from scratch.

I don't, and I generally don't bother to scan simpler items such as Dpads and buttons as they are difficult to scan and pretty simple to create from scratch.
Ah. I've been trying to find 3D models of the Sega DPad (all basically the same from the 6 button, 3D controller, and model 2 Saturn controller), and all of them are quite poor compared to the real thing.

What exactly makes it difficult to scan, out of curiosity?

IMO for preservation purposes, it's important to scan every part, but I'm also not the one doing the scanning, so can't really complain here :P. I do greatly appreciate the work you've already done.

Last edited:
What about joystick caps that have a peculiar design?