Guide Setting up Wii and GameCube games

Tak00

If you open the iso in Dolphin, it will show a warning box if it is
Tried it on Dolphin and for some reason, it won't show up, I tested it on trying to check if it's an ISO file and it is by using the NKit.

Screenshot_20221111_064922.png

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I guess that iso is just scuffed then

Tak00

I guess that iso is just scuffed then
Great news, after trial and error, I finally managed to get the games working and not crash. I figured out why and it's because of the NKit processing app. I converted the files to ISO and named them "game.iso" I tested and it finally worked.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The original post has been updated to hopefully help clear up the most common cause of confusion around Gamecube games not showing up in the RVLoader game list

Ive followed this guide for the games but i cant get any gamecube games to show up. I however got a wii game to come up. I formated the game to game.iso and rv cant pull it up. Does rv need a gc folder? If i left the games as is could I play them through nintendont instead of RV loader?

Last edited:

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
You might not have file extensions being shown in Windows, which means if you name the game "game.iso" it is actually "game.iso.iso". remove the ".iso" from your image file and see if it appears.

Gamecube games also need to be placed in the "games" folder, not the WBFS folder.

You might not have file extensions being shown in Windows, which means if you name the game "game.iso" it is actually "game.iso.iso". remove the ".iso" from your image file and see if it appears.

Gamecube games also need to be placed in the "games" folder, not the WBFS folder.
I removed the .iso and still cant get a game to come up. I have it in the game folder as well.

USB://
games/
Batman Begins/
game.iso
Game Description/
game.iso
disc2.iso

Does this mean i need to have the games folder and inside the game folder have the game title then .iso? For example Metroid prime/game.iso or game.iso/Metroid Prime

Last edited:
so i have mostly gotten everything to work however, the issues i ran into are probably something simple and just for a lack of understanding,my games all show up, i have tested them all and they work flawlessly. however i am running into issues with covers, i can’t seem to figure out the file structure. i have all my wii games in the .wbfs folder, and they are names things like sonic rider zero gravity. but if i name the cover the same thing but .png they don’t show up, i tried to use the game id from the site with the artwork for the boxes, and that didn’t work either can someone explain to me like i’m 5 ? im sorry for the dumb questions but at least my games are all running

Portables
so i have mostly gotten everything to work however, the issues i ran into are probably something simple and just for a lack of understanding,my games all show up, i have tested them all and they work flawlessly. however i am running into issues with covers, i can’t seem to figure out the file structure. i have all my wii games in the .wbfs folder, and they are names things like sonic rider zero gravity. but if i name the cover the same thing but .png they don’t show up, i tried to use the game id from the site with the artwork for the boxes, and that didn’t work either can someone explain to me like i’m 5 ? im sorry for the dumb questions but at least my games are all running

Where "title-id-here" is a title ID.

See image below for example:
cover-location.png

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
okay so i have that part correct then, i believe, do i need to change the name of the wii games to match the title id on the pics ?
Nah, the title ID is read from the game file by RVLoader automatically. Can you show a screenshot of your file setup?

Nah, the title ID is read from the game file by RVLoader automatically. Can you show a screenshot of your file setup?
here’s how i have my games setup and my covers folder, i tried naming one like the game itself, and one is the version correct id from the site, and the one below is the one from the pal version to see if that might make a difference even tho i’m ntsc region united states
IMG_3690.jpeg
IMG_3691.jpeg

I set my gamecube games up like this but there still not showing up on the gc games screen, anyone know what is wrong?