Stolen Package?

So my mail carrier is notoriously bad. We get other people's mail all the time and I find myself checking the numbers on the front of our house frequently just to make sure we are making this as easy as possible. You look at the number at the beginning of the address, you look at the numbers on the house. Do they match? Yes? Oh you found the correct house.

Nevertheless, there are constant fuck ups. Last week I ordered something on Amazon. A $15 roll of 22 gauge hookup wire, black in color. Blah blah. It was ordered on the 7th of November with an expected delivery date of of 12th, which was the coming Saturday. I check again that day and it states it had been delivered on Thursday the 10th. I never got it.

On USPS site there is a find your package option. You are supposed to wait seven days for that. Are there other options? How likely is it that I'll get my package back? Has this happened to anyone?

Noah

retired
Portables
I have never had that happen to me personally but I do wish you luck in resolving the issue. Is this going to turn into another Tchay's package got incinerated situation? :P

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
How likely is it that I'll get my package back?
If it was supposed to arrive 5 days ago, I'd say it's very unlikely. But since you ordered through Amazon, they might be able to help fulfill your order. In my experience, they've done great with customer service. But that might just be for Prime members...
You look at the number at the beginning of the address, you look at the numbers on the house. Do they match? Yes? Oh you found the correct house.
Well, *pulls up a chair* two years ago my wife and I came home to find a box from Maine Lobster Company on our doorstep. The house number was correct, but it was addressed to the same house number 3 blocks over. Being the good citizens we are, we drove it over those 3 blocks and hand delivered it. The people said it was their anniversary and they ordered live lobster to cook for their anniversary dinner. When it didn't arrive by 5 PM they called Maine Lobster, who sent them another. The very next day we came home to another live lobster on our doorstep.

I am an amazon prime member and I checked the "order summary" page and sent an email to returns and exchanges, because that was the only option I had to contact amazon.. I did file a complaint with USPS. I have another package coming today that is worth about $150 instead of $15 so hopefully that one sticks around or UPS shows up before I have to work.

That's a hilarious lobster story though.

Also I'm thinking it's more likely that it was stolen, as there was a box shipped from Best Buy ripped open out on the sidewalk out front of our house...
I'll be getting delivery to a locker from now on.

Last edited:
Well I sent that email about five minutes ago and they already got back to me. Sent me a full refund because the seller doesn't offer refund or exchanges. I fucking love amazon.

Noah

retired
Portables
Well I sent that email about five minutes ago and they already got back to me. Sent me a full refund because the seller doesn't offer refund or exchanges. I fucking love amazon.
Yeah, they are wonderful. My dad once ordered struts for my sister's car and used the Prime 2-day shipping. The one didn't show up on the scheduled arrival day and so they gave him a full refund (was like $85) and allowed him to keep the strut once it arrived.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Yeah, they are wonderful.
Terrible for sellers though, or so I've heard, when a claim comes they've basically lost both the product they tried to sell and the money for it... Oh well, just buy don't sell :P