Solved Wasp fusion solid blue light

Hello all,

I have a wasp fusion that has been hooked up to my GameCube using a Megadrive V5. When I tested it a couple weeks ago, it was working perfectly. I left it alone for a couple weeks, and when I came back to the project it stopped working.

When an SD card is inserted, i get a solid blue light on the wasp fusion. a couple seconds later, the light turns off and I get “an error has occurred” .

With no SD card inserted, the GC boots up fine and I do not receive an error message, but I can not access the Swiss menu.

I checked continuity from Megadrive to GC to Wasp and everything seems fine. Reseated the FFC cables. I reformatted the SD card to fat 32 and still nothing. I ordered some new SD card FFC cables to try, but they have not come in yet. Has anyone seen this issue or have a suggestion?

Attachments

Y2K

"The PS1 Guy"
Staff member
The soldering on the Megadrive is terrible. If you really wanna keep the ODE, consider fixing that. Otherwise it's highly recommended to use picoboot instead, as its a simpler and cheaper mod to do with more community support. Picoboot can do everything a modchip can do and possibly more.

The soldering on the Megadrive is terrible. If you really wanna keep the ODE, consider fixing that. Otherwise it's highly recommended to use picoboot instead, as its a simpler and cheaper mod to do with more community support. Picoboot can do everything a modchip can do and possibly more.
SOLVED:reflowing the solder over all the mega drive pins did the trick! I think one of the wasp’s pins must have had a less than ideal connection to the GC despite showing continuity on the multimeter.