Guide Wii Trim Resistances

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Hi guys,

since a lot of new ppl try trimming wiis, i was thinking about collection some common questions & data. So i've started writing down my latest voltage resistances.

I hope some of you could add some more with different trims & revisions!
trim_sheet_preview.JPG

It's an OpenDocument Sheet, but Excel can just open it fine. The archive also includes my first two measurements.

Also: Please only send me values of working trims or otherwise mark the non-working ones & read the notes before measuring!

//Edit 1: Wii-Mini trims would also be very interresting. So simple select trim-type "Custom" and write a note next to it.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

Last edited:
Someone asked me to do my 6 layer wii, here is my values. the 3.3v line is all over the place so I did my best.

edit: forgot to put revision and trim

Attachments

Last edited:
Booting rvk-cpu-01 NTSC
the 1v line kept bouncing between 160ish and about 170. left it for just over a minute and it just slowed down, didn't stop changing.

RVK-CPU-01.png

Completed another trim.

Wanted to post in here to reference. I had some low readings at first on the 3.3v but after sanding and removing the components on the edge as Wesk suggested, I was able to get them to match the higher k range. It is interesting that they have almost double what I typically see on this thread... But was told that it shouldn't be an issue. If anyone has any suggestions on this, let me know!

Before:
1632752005413.png

After removing half cut components on edge of mobo and re-sanding to 1000 grit sand paper:
1632751894173.png

1641787570285.png

Hello, I have these values of resistance between points, my trimm type is the one of the basic guide of 6 layers, and my board is rlv-cpu-01, these values are correct?

Hello all, I have a quick question regarding resistance values on a trimmed motherboard. It appears I have a short between my 3.3v and 1.8v. Would this be caused by having the LDO removed, because I did that previously. I had not taken the resistance measurement before removing. If not what is the best way to start troubleshooting this? Sand the edges better? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!