Worklog Wii U R&D Thread (WURD)

zal16

I know the vWii don't works without the disc drive, but about the GC/Wii injects? They works without he (and de_fuse patch)?
It's possible to do a undervolt, specially on more demanding lines like 1v and 1.15v?
What is the power consupmition and current(A) in vWii mode? Is much less than last revison of original Wii hardware?

Lazr

I know the vWii don't works without the disc drive, but about the GC/Wii injects? They works without he (and de_fuse patch)?
A missing disc drive is fine for GC/Wii injections. They don't even know if the disc drive is even missing, as its entirely emulated.

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
Undervolting doesn't seem possible, at least with wires. Whenever I try to decrease the core rail voltages the system just hangs.

However, after brainstorming with Benge at MGC, I've decided to design a modified 1v/1.15v reg board that will sit on the motherboard next to the SOC and solder directly to the core rail copper. This will eliminate all voltage droop and should improve stability. There's a chance some mild undervolting will be possible with this new reg board.

I haven't measured vWii mode power, simply because it doesn't matter for portablizing until we get vWii disc drive patches. Keep in mind that in vWii mode, the console has a bunch of extra hardware blocks running to upres the video to 1080p and pipe it to the 1080p HDMI transmitter. Plus, all the Wii U hardware that's "turned off" in vWii mode still consumes some static current while idle. So it's virtually impossible for the system to beat an undervolted Hollywood-2 Wii.