Question Wii wideo owtputs qwestion

Ekterm

Portables
Wii Laptop, PCii mk A
Haven't been on here for a while, glad to see the meta is still strong! I've got a new portable in mind... (Rip slimboii)

So what is currently the best/preferred display method? Direct drive sounded awesome but it's not in the 4layer store, is it still a thing? Where would I get one? Is there a reason to use VGA instead?

What do people do for external display outputs to a TV? I'm thinking micro HDMI, unless something else is easier. How do you split the display signal, just run two wires off each GPU via or does that mess things up? Or run wires to the DD board from the GPU and leave the AVE attached and use analog out of that to the TV?

RVL-DDs aren't currently available, though that might change one day (hopefully),
VGA is (as far as I know) the best type of video output for Wii (except for direct drive, of course) as it doesn't need any external converters like the Wii2HDMI or the AVE-HDMI and is found on most/all good displays one might use for portables,
for an external display you might be able to use either just a VGA-Switch from Electron-Shepherd if you want just VGA out or the switch in addition to something like Electron-Shepherd's Analog2HDMI for Full size HDMI out.