Recent content by anuser

1. Worklog PS2 Trimming Initiative

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/some-ps2-project.5433/
  2. Worklog Some PS2 Project

esp doesn't have ram (320kb) to be a good NAS, heck it can't be an HTTP server that's worth a damn, and performance wise it's one core at 240mhz because nobody developing SAMBA for it would be crazy or dumb enough to use 2 cores, the overhead for multicore easily would surpass any gains of...
  3. Worklog Some PS2 Project

Do you have any idea why you can't play online while using OPL via SMB? you would have to remake the entire network stack and create patches for calls for a lot of games, do you have any idea how even more complicated it would be to write a stack for wifi, let alone port the wifi drivers for an...
  4. Worklog Some PS2 Project

Don't bother, it's outdated, i'm doing something with maximus32, your link is useless to this case. You wanna know why? search "vocore", and consider that you can use the GPIOs to bitbang an SPI interface to serve OPL the preprocessed files it needs without overhead while connecting to the...
  5. Worklog Some PS2 Project

Question, i had a board with a burned power supply, i bypassed the 7805`s and tried to run the board on 5v, it worked for a few minutes then bricked itself, is the brownout protection broken? can i run it without this ci without much problems? i also got a 8.5v brick from a fat PS2, can i use it...
  6. Worklog Ps2 Next-G (completed)

so, advice us when your VOCORE is going to arrive. Watch your PM to find out the mandatory obligatory item that you`ll definetly buy to put on this beauty.
  7. Worklog Some PS2 Project

Please, please, really please check your PM
  8. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

i have the coolest name
  9. Board scan BOARD SCAN PS2 90006-90010

Thank you very much for this piece of gold, it didn't help my case but MAN i'mma help this dude in his saga, i'd always wanted to make exactly what he's doing but didn't feel like doing it alone, if you check my comment on the last page you'll see a big contribution to this wonderfull thread.
  10. Board scan BOARD SCAN PS2 90006-90010

Nope, look at my previous comment.
  11. Board scan BOARD SCAN PS2 90006-90010

Hi, to answer the question about the board working on 5v, no it doesn't without modifying the mosfet and the fuses, i learned this the hard way, i modded mine via bypassing the 7805's and tried to run it in 5v, it worked for a small amount of time hissing then died, i assume the mosfet didn't...