Recent content by Bamboo

1. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

Hey again everyone! I have more updates and more questions. Thanks in advance! Got the new board yesterday. Checked it with the my jumper pack, av cords and power. Loaded up great! Hooked up the screen and that worked great too! So next up, I started moving over my power wiring from the...
  2. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

Yeah... didnt realize how bad a rep they had til I ordered them. I did check their output and it is accurate, so even if I don't end up running them for the final build, they should work for bench testing. Thanks, glad you like it! I'd like it better too if I could figure out why it isn't...
  3. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

The controller ports as well as the 3.3v pins at the cartridge all seem to be running at 3.13v steadily. I'm going to go over the cartridge relocation again to see if maybe something isn't connected cleanly. I think the power is good and my video is wired up right. It's the only thing I think it...
  4. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

I read a bunch of threads and topics saying that undervolting anything between 3.1 and 3.3 is usually fine. I thought a 1.8k may slightly overvolt the 3.3 line. To negate that variable though, I did order some 1.87k resistors just in case it is as you say! Do you know if there is a way to check...
  5. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

So this is the setup currently: 11.1v 3s1p li-ion batteries Positive line goes to dpdt switch center pole. Negative line to board. Two positive leads run from the switch on pole, 1 to the 12v point on the board and 1 to the pth08080 Did the standard wiring for the pth08080. Positive line...
  6. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

So... I'm not great with electronics troubleshooting so I'm kind of at a loss right now. I wired up video, power, and the cartridge and went to test it out using a 9v battery as the power source just to see if it would load up. The LCD turns on and then the screen just flickers. I'm not sure...
  7. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

My screen requires 9-12v which is why I went with that battery setup. Otherwise it would have been the standard 7.4
  8. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

So just to be sure before purchasing... I got this battery pack to hold 18650 cells in 3S1P for 11.1v. I want to get this charger from battery space (1.8A) with the 5.5x2.1x10mm male barrel connector, and then this listing for female barrel connectors that should fit the charger. Would that...
  9. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

Does anyone have any good links for smart chargers and specifically charge ports? I can find all these chargers but where do people get the female side that you install in the portable?
  10. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

Basic stuff this evening. Since I ripped out the factory on/off switch, I followed the noob guide to jump the contacts and soldered the leads between 1-2 as well as 7-8. Next, I had taken apart the casing for the wires for the LCD screen, stripped and tinned the tips. I soldered both grounds...
  11. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

Thanks! I don't think it will cause any issues since it is just replicating what the ext pins did in the first place, touching the cartridge pins to make the connection. Hopefully anyway ;)
  12. Worklog XL-DMG-N64P

Hey all! In the middle of portablizing an n64. My first attempt at a project like this and I am more than open to feedback on what I've done and my plans going forward. Tore apart the board as demonstrated by the bacman videos... wish I hadn't done it that way now because I can't test anything...
  13. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello all! Lurker turned noobie here. Started an n64 project almost 3 years ago, worked on it a couple weeks and then put it in a box until just last week. Lots of life stuff happened in between but I'm happy to jump back in this! Sad to see the bac forums are gone but glad to see it...