Recent content by blueapple

1. blueapple

Searching for MAV-NUS video DAC for N64

Hello! I have an N64 with working audio but no video. It has the MAV-NUS DAC on it. My composite video signal seems to be stuck with a 5V DC offset + noise. Not sure why. I think I'm seeing the horizontal sync lines through the noise on the signal too, which is confusing. I think I might take a...
  2. blueapple

Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

Just a heads up, the FX-888d is pretty annoying to set the temperature because they only give you two buttons. The original FX-888 simply has a knob which makes it easier, but you lack a digital temperature readout. I've used both and I prefer the original FX-888 for quick temp switching. You...
  3. blueapple

Worklog blueapple's portable wii

Update: I actually got the trimmed motherboard working! This time I was at home so I had to MacGyver a little power supply setup using another Wii which somehow actually worked. The sanding helped, but the U10 IC is really weird and is causing issues. I suspect that something isn't done properly...
  4. blueapple

Worklog blueapple's portable wii

Hey everyone! I'm trying to build a portable Wii to play Gamecube games, but I'm running into issues when trimming the board and I need help. I'm reading low resistances when measuring across the 1.8V, 1.15V, and 1.0V nodes to ground. I've spent a while sanding the sides but I'm not making much...
  5. blueapple

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey everyone! I'm new here. I am a 2nd year student in electrical engineering looking to make a portable Gamecube! It's been a dream of mine to make one since I first saw one on YouTube. I have already tried to make one with a Gamecube motherboard and a Wasp Fusion, but I decided to change to a...