Recent content by driedchapstick

1. driedchapstick

Replacement LCD & Driver Board

Thanks for the reply, I should have realized the size difference. I guess I must wait for one of the big kahunas to bestow their wisdom upon me.
  2. driedchapstick

Replacement LCD & Driver Board

I need another LCD and Driver Board. Is the screen on the BitBuilt store compatible with the GBoy? If not, can I get a link to a compatible one?
  3. driedchapstick

Replacement Battery Clip

Thank you
  4. driedchapstick

Replacement Battery Clip

I dropped and lost one of my battery clips. Can I get a link to where I can buy replacements?
  5. driedchapstick

This controller PCB is giving me a headache

I too had this issue with my Wii (GBoy Kit). Sadly, I do not have any fixes because I broke the Wii board when trying to troubleshoot the problem, I forgot to unplug the batteries before soldering. I am only replying to this thread because I had a consistent behavior that I would like to know...
  6. driedchapstick

Power Issues.

Which probe should be on the GRND pads and which should be on the voltage pads? I am getting different measurements when switching the probes around.
  7. driedchapstick

Power Issues.

I'm a little busy tonight with school work, I'll report back with the resistances tomorrow. I expected I did something that screwed it up. I it also very likely that I left a battery in while troubleshooting the controller issue. (Mentally shat myself when I had the issue --> Forgot to unplug...
  8. driedchapstick

Power Issues.

I was in the process of finishing Step 16 of the GBoy Assembly Guide, as I had successfully completed every step up to that point. When I went to test my work after completing Step 16, I ran into an odd issue. The Wii would take a half second longer to boot and the controller inputs would not...
  9. driedchapstick

Power Issues.

I tested after removing the unnecessary wires and still the same result. (Fan does not turn on.) - BTN still drops to 0v when the power button is pressed and held. - Continuity has been verified for GRD and BTN between the USB-C and PMS board
  10. driedchapstick

Power Issues.

I measured this voltage with both probes on the PMS board. I have tried holding the button for longer, still nothing. Here are pictures of the current state of the boards.
  11. driedchapstick

Power Issues.

After completing the requested steps (removing 5v, vsys, sda, scl, and chrg) and pressing the power button. . . Nothing happens.
  12. driedchapstick

Power Issues.

The voltage on the BTN pads drop to 0v when the power button is pressed (for 2 seconds). I also forgot to mention what when I have the charger and batteries plugged in, I measure 0v on the CHRG pads.
  13. driedchapstick

Power Issues.

Well, I can't supply images of my wiring to the Wii because I have removed everything when I assumed it was the Wii that was the problem. My current problem revolves around the fan, LED, and LCD power not working. (Sorry for the half finished initial post, I accidentally hit a keyboard...
  14. driedchapstick

Power Issues.

Background Prior to my current issue, I was completing the 16th step of the guide. After wiring up the audio, my GBoy took a half second longer to boot and the controller inputs no longer worked. I decided it would be best to do a little troubleshooting before I went to the forums...