Recent content by Dugways

1. Dugways

Worklog The LIGHTNiiNG - BLOCKED

Oh sorry, VCC is just a generic term for the positive voltage rail/rails. I'm not sure if the Wii runs off 3.3V or 1.8V on the CPU
  2. Dugways

I may have made a mistake

A little bit tricky to tell with the glare on the board in the photos, but that bundle of three traces on the right and the third trace off that IC package definitely need to be repaired. You' ll have to test the other ones with a multimeter, but there's a good chance your just scraped the...
  3. Dugways

I guess the biggest issues would be connecting VCC/GND together or backwards, which you could test with just a multimeter on the power rails. If you cross data lines, it should just not work instead of blowing up the chip
  4. Dugways

I second the idea for using some sort of hotplate. The PCB itself can bake at those temperatures for a while and worst case the soldermask might start to discolour. One of the benefits of using the hot plate is that all of your ground pours are completely at temperature and should only take a...
  5. Dugways

Question Trouble with joycon joysticks

Have you tried testing the continuity of the wires? I've had issues soldering enamel wire like that in the past where the insulation didnt melt away entirely and I was getting an intermittent connection. Another thing it might be is a short circuit, looks like the solder on the two right most...