Recent content by DullBoy

1. DullBoy

Question Ashida Wii Attempt

Huzzah! I’ve figured it out thanks to you and Retro! Ground to menu and ++++ worked for changing source (somehow did it without having my ribbon cable plugged in, whoops) and she boots! Thank you all so much! I’m so pumped to get this thing running and then hopefully painted!
  2. DullBoy

Ok so after many attempts due to my stubbornness I just attempted unsoldering and resoldering everything a million times to the wii board I finally took everything apart and hooked up just the Rvl and the PD with composite and got it to boot, now that Ive hooked up everything again, I can’t...
  3. DullBoy

Yes in the photo I took I hadn’t yet but I unsoldered it and it wasn’t working still
  4. DullBoy

So I’ve checked the h and v cables, there is no short, I’ve also added the composite cable and can confirm no video output from there either.
  5. DullBoy

Updated photo after cleaning with ipa
  6. DullBoy

hey retro, I sanded everything and all my numbers looked good compared to other working wiis… finally. I wired everything up again and am still not getting any indication that the wii is powering on. I’m going to try and clean everything with a toothbrush and IPA and see if that fixes anything
  7. DullBoy

So I’ve received my screen tested with it and still nothing so I unsoldered everything and tested resistances. Everything looks ok except for the 3.3v, when I check against ground I get 1.4k and then it drops to .04k right away. When using auto range, it shows 18, but doesn’t indicate a k/M...
  8. DullBoy

good point there, forgot about those. And no I haven’t tried testing those, I will look around on here to figure that out. I also realized I broke my screen when install the driver board too tight so that may also be the issue. I have a new one on the way already. If voltages are good (and new...
  9. DullBoy

Hi All, so I've been trying to figure out why my Ashida does not seem to boot. I've spent the better part of the last four days finally making the attempt to build this using multiple different resources on here, 4Layer and using Gingers build video. I can't seem to figure out why im getting no...
  10. DullBoy

Ashida Wii Portable

Ah yes sorry was trying to figure that out and i did now. sorry again