Recent content by Hecmac

1. Hecmac

Worklog [2023 Contest Entry] DS Lite XL

This is an old board version, this is the most current one, put the schematic and gerbers for anyone interested. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1x_XRZ9tjDT099jweAh1hnAyfP3eBuZnv?usp=sharing
  2. Hecmac

Question portable wii battery 3.7v?

The regulators you want to use work with voltages of 4.5v and up so you would need a step up boost converter, then a step down to power the trimmed wii. it will work but efficiency will be low. using 7.4v series batteries will increase battery life, but it brings issues. you will have to use...
  3. Hecmac

Question DSi questions

I've been doing some more planning too and I think I've found the right ribbon cables on aliexpress, not 100 percent tho. I think I'll just buy an xl and see if I can find a match.
  4. Hecmac

Question DSi questions

This would be way more practical but I'm mostly doing this because I want a project. I want a unique project, something that's never been built before that will be difficult but not expensive to produce.
  5. Hecmac

Question DSi questions

Im planning out a project and have some questions regarding the DSi and DSi XL. My project is to make a 'DS Pro' with USB C charging, Bluetooth audio and better speakers. To fit these, the shell will have a wider profile, featuring horizontally adjacent screens and grips for improved comfort...
  6. Hecmac

Worklog Gameboy Lite Build

Got the button board buttons and glass, but they sent me GBC buttons so I reordered. So far soldered wires to button board, moved WiFi antenna and got the audio figured out. Waiting for the rest of my parts still :eyeroll: Edit: finished attaching the board but still haven't got the case yet...
  7. Hecmac

Worklog Gameboy Lite Build

I've wanted to shove a DS into a Gameboy for ages so I decided I might as well just do it. For planned features it's gonna have: Large battery, either 8000 or 12000mah Fast charging with USB c compatibility USB out to charge other devices Leds and El lighting, sound reactive and maybe RGB...
  8. Hecmac

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Heyo! I love the stuff the people in this forum make. I wanna get involved and make some cool stuff myself.