Recent content by Link

1. Question Trimmed Wii 1.8V shorted with GND

Hey there, I progressed in my investigations, unfortunately the outcomes are not good: blowing compressed air below the 1V8 related ICs (GPU, RAM, AVE) did not solve the issue. after cleanly cutting the 3rd pad of the 1V8 regulator, the short remained. Ironically, the ugly pad was not...
  2. Question Trimmed Wii 1.8V shorted with GND

Thanks Stitches for your pattented inspection and additional feedback ! I'll do that again as well. I masked during sanding but not during soldering, and you never know. Meanwhile I started to analyze the board scan from Skank's Wii super thread, and I noticed 2 things (highlighted in dark red...
  3. Question Trimmed Wii 1.8V shorted with GND

Thanks a lot for your feedback LCandell and ohkin86 ! Sure, I'll do that. The heatsinks were in place (without thermal paste) but the fan was not connected yet the first time I powered ON and boot successfuly. The duration was only a few seconds so I do not believe I could damage the CPU...
  4. Question Trimmed Wii 1.8V shorted with GND

TLDR : Trimmed Wii first worked, then after further soldering 1.8V found shorted with GND, couldn't find the root cause, please help. Hi there, 2 weeks ago I've trimmed my first wii motherboard as an introduction of my Ashida journey. Here is the obtained result : Then, after checking the...
  5. Ashida Wii Portable

I discovered the Ashida through a YT video from GingerOfOz, Congrats to Wesk and the community for this astoundingly amazing job ! I am already into modding (mostly SNES N64 and GC), but portalizing is new to me, and as a GC fan the Ashida represents the Holy Grail, so it is now my current...