Recent content by longinthetooth70

1. ESP32 Bluetooth Arcade Cabinet Controller Interface

I saw that the Firestick 4K Max was getting decent reviews for retro gaming and I wanted to see whether it would be an option for my arcade cabinet. The problem that I came up against was that it wouldn't recognise any of the usual USB encoder PCBs for the control panel, I tried with Arduino Pro...
  2. Worklog Wii-Pi

Hi again. I don't know whether this (or something similar) might be helpful if the MAX17048 doesn't work out - I bought an 8-cell powerbank case from Ali, I've harvested some 18650 cells from old HP laptop batteries - the laptop can't charge the batteries, but the 18650 cells inside are all...
  3. Worklog Wii-Pi

Yeah, I found a big cheat with the integrated audio / hdmi - I'm sure the power demands are still there in reality; but right now I'm running off a usb powerbank, so not had to cross that bridge yet. I think that's the biggest hurdle for me and possibly many others - making a safe, decent...
  4. Worklog Wii-Pi

Hi. I moved from PAM8403 to MAX98357 because I wanted to have audio without an additional DAC - mostly space and power reason. With arduino usb taking care of the controls and hdmi for the video, the gpio is pretty much free. The MAX works straight off the rpi GPIO via i2s so no DAC required...
  5. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi! Like the name says, not a youngster any more. Used to work at Sega a long time ago for over a decade, so gaming is in my heart. Before that I was in the arcades by the seaside in the UK every summer. These days gaming is a hobby but my obsession is "the perfect portable console". Means...
  6. Worklog Wii-Pi

Hi - congrats on the build. Looks great. New to the forum, but been spending countless hours trying to make the perfect pi handheld - so many prototypes! Got no 3d printer, so it's a very manual learning process with so much trial fit and error getting things into the box - taught myself...