Recent content by rikkaretro

1. rikkaretro

Question Swapping a Gameboy D-Pad with a 3DS Slider?

Alright. Thanks for that info. I've got a big resistor pack coming in next week along with the slider. Just gotta get an LM339 now. Thanks for your help, Cheese!
  2. rikkaretro

Thanks for this. It's a lot to take in but I understand it at least. So I'd be looking at trying to get 1.2v on the low side and 3.7 on the high side. If the voltage being supplied to the slider is already 3.8v (max), would I even need a resistor on the high side? I ask because what I'm...
  3. rikkaretro

Using the LM339, how would this be achieved? In my head: X+ goes to 5, 7. Y+ to 9, 11. VCC to 3 GND to 12 1, 2, 13, 14 goes to Up, Down, Left, Right on the Gameboy Board Which leaves the inverting inputs (4, 6, 8, 10) What would be connected to these? Would they get resistors going to GND...
  4. rikkaretro

I'm extremely new to hardware modding and components like this in general. Is this LM358P something that I could use? https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/texas-instruments/LM358P/296-1395-5-ND/277042 Or am I wrong here because I'm only seeing 2 outs.
  5. rikkaretro

I've seen a few threads on this and always come back to this: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/analog-joystick-to-d-pad.97/ <--- Which I've read is for using a D-pad in place of an analog stick. Whereas I'm trying to do the opposite. If anyone has a way to use an analog stick in...
  6. rikkaretro

Question "GameGirl" GameBoy Color Screen Protector

Bluish Squirrel sells these but is currently out of stock. He makes them in both GBC and GBC Light versions.
  7. rikkaretro

Question How to start building a portable?

I've went ahead and ordered a 79001 from ebay. I'll report back after I get it in and trimmed. Thanks much!
  8. rikkaretro

Thanks, quackers. My issue is the board layout being different. I may have to try and pick up a 7900X instead.
  9. rikkaretro

I've got a Slim PS2 that I'd like to turn into a portable. It's an SCPH-90001. I have a Modbo 5.0 in the mail for it. My question is, what is needed to start here? What I know I need: Screen with video In (Thinking of the 5" 4:3 VGA that BitBuilt sells) Power management Controller management...
  10. rikkaretro

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello! My name is Rikka and I enjoy modifying and repairing gameboys. Mostly Pockets. I'm about to start work on a PS2 Portable build!