Search results

1. LukeNukem6

Worklog PS2 mini ideas and work log

The whole data line for controller port 1 (pin 9) is shorted to ground. There is no obvious reason for this, unless anyone has any possible idea? I have another 7900x, but would like to refrain from using it if possible.
  2. LukeNukem6

Port 2 works fine. I’ve checked continuity on all points in the guide and they all check out.
  3. LukeNukem6

The image I posted above highlights the only missing component I can see.
  4. LukeNukem6

The voltage readings on the pads are as follows, as if you were looking at them at the front/top of the board. Controller 1: 3.4 - 3.4 - 3.4 - 3.4 - 3.4 - 0 - dropping - 3.4 - 0 Controller 2: Exactly the same with the last pin at 3.4 instead of 0.
  5. LukeNukem6

I’m using official controllers. The voltage readings im getting are from the pads on the board, nothing to do with the wiring on the controllers.
  6. LukeNukem6

I have since removed all wiring and the problem still persists.
  7. LukeNukem6

Thanks, this will definitely help when it comes to designing the case. Nice work.
  8. LukeNukem6

A bit embarrassing. Lots of progress last night. I hooked up HDMI and rear USB ports, but when I went to test USB I realised my controller wasn’t working, but still receiving power. Quickly measured the port pads and lots of them were receiving 3.4v, and there was no longer 8.4v. Looking over...
  9. LukeNukem6

Thanks. I did consider using 30awg but I’m liking the rigidity of 24/26 on certain things, especially while I’m moving stuff around and working on it. Modchip will be 30 for sure though.
  10. LukeNukem6

Thanks! HDMI works, so just need to mount it to the board somewhere.
  11. LukeNukem6

Things are going pretty good. I wired up a memory card slot for the back, inspired by customledmods ps2 mini. Wired up a couple fans to keep the heat sinks cool, and they’re working well. And silent. Just not mounted properly yet. I put some wires on controller port 1 so I can more easily test...
  12. LukeNukem6

I’ve got some 22awg wire coming tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys, learning loads already. Very cool community!
  13. LukeNukem6

Alright that’s great. Thanks for the advice! So will the trim have caused the loss of voltage to this reg? Or should I be looking for a different cause? Or just forget it and trace from the jack?
  14. LukeNukem6

Right, that makes sense! So would it not be an issue to ignore whatever the cause of the issue is, and just run wire from the DC jack? Is the only requirement of that regulator to give 5 volts to that USB port? I plan on relocating USB to the back anyway.
  15. LukeNukem6

That area next to bios is left over superglue from the modchip. I’ve cleaned it as much as I can.
  16. LukeNukem6

Will do a little later. Thanks.
  17. LukeNukem6

Start on 800, finish really smooth with 2000. Then brush around the edges and clean with IPA.
  18. LukeNukem6

I have sanded it a couple of times now but I’ll give it another try and see how it goes.
  19. LukeNukem6

USB is now reading 1v. It’s (what I assume is) corresponding voltage regulator is reading 1v where it was 5v, and it’s other point is reading 0.6v where I think it was 9v. The fan header which read 3.3v is now 0.7v.
  20. LukeNukem6

Going to put this project on hold for a little bit until I can figure out why I’m getting some low voltage readings from certain places on the board :( I’m really not very experienced in board work, so if anyone is willing to help, it’d be very much appreciated. In other news I got my mars pro...