Search results

1. Bryceshaw06

RVLoader v2.0

I agree 100%, support for System menu would be amazing. There are workarounds for just about everything you would access there though. The Mii channel can be loaded through the Channels section of RVLoader (you must acquire a WAD of it first though). Same applies to any other system channel...
  2. Bryceshaw06

RVLoader v2.0

I would not recommend it because a lot has been fixed since then, including better USB/SD support. It will allow you to have VGA in the system menu though, yes. Do it at your own risk. Why exactly do you need the Wii menu?
  3. Bryceshaw06

RVLoader v2.0

The Wii Menu has a few boot requirements, one of them is the Bluetooth module. The RVLoader menu doesn’t have that requirement, and will work fine without Bluetooth. However if you boot into the system menu from RVLoader it won’t do anything unless you have Bluetooth relocated. On top of this...
  4. Bryceshaw06

RVLoader v2.0

The Wii menu hasn’t worked over VGA since RVLoader 1.4. Aurelio is aware of the issue and will look into it soon
  5. Bryceshaw06

Question Motion controls on Ashida

Shaking is emulated by GC2Wiimote (Part of RVLoader) and can be mapped to a button. If you want actual motion controls (physically shake the ashida) you're on your own. You will need to do a Wiimote trim (See one of JacksonS' Wii portable builds) and relocate the accelerometer. The process for...
  6. Bryceshaw06

Question [HELP] Ashida has lines on bottom of display every few boots

I don’t unfortunately. In the future I may just order another screen and see if that’s the issue. Right now I’m trying to fix my main Wii board, I ripped the U10 via out when troubleshooting the lines issue :'(
  7. Bryceshaw06

Question Is my Wii trim dead??????

The pinecil V2 is an excellent cheap one, I would recommend getting some extra tips with it though. https://pine64.com/product/pinecil-smart-mini-portable-soldering-iron/ Some brass sponge to clean off the tips rather than a wet sponge goes a long way for the longevity of them too.
  8. Bryceshaw06

I just got done shortening and rerouting the H-Sync and V-Sync wires, no luck :( Something interesting I noticed is that if I go to the display’s settings menu and switch from 16:9 to 4:3 and back to 16:9, the lines go away. I am completely out of ideas
  9. Bryceshaw06

Thanks man! I just got a digital microscope this Christmas and it has been a godsend for tiny wiring like this. Just to confirm, that's the H-Sync and V-Sync wires that you rerouted, right? I'll have to try that. EDIT: I have shorted out each video line individually (temporarily disabled each...
  10. Bryceshaw06

Thanks for the suggestions! There's a bit of flux there, but not much. I think it's mostly from the reflections of the light I have on it. I went ahead and cleaned it up anyway, so we'll see :) Agreed, the VGA lines don't look pretty at all. I originally had used twisted magnet wire, but that...
  11. Bryceshaw06

Yup, here's a closeup of the wires on the AVE. They are not twisted, I was told they shouldn't be
  12. Bryceshaw06

Ashida Troubleshooting; blue screen then nothing

Send a closeup of your H and V sync wires on the Wii AVE. It looks like they might be shorted.
  13. Bryceshaw06

Hello everyone! I recently finished my Ashida, and I’m super happy with it! There's just one issue I’ve been pulling my hair out over, and I would like some advice on troubleshooting it. Every few boots (I'd say about 1 every 5) the bottom of my display will have lines appear. They are locked in...
  14. Bryceshaw06

Worklog My First G-Boy

Love the shell color!! This is all looking great, let us know how the programming goes!
  15. Bryceshaw06

Worklog Wiiboy Color II Worklog

Will you sell kits for it on your store?
  16. Bryceshaw06

Release WiFiflex: Wii WiFi relocation flex pcb

VGA patches for VGA displays, and disc drive for USB loader support (I believe they don’t have to work, but they do have to be connected). Also there’s no support for GC controllers on the home menu.
  17. Bryceshaw06

Release WiFiflex: Wii WiFi relocation flex pcb

If anyone (in the US) has any spares from their order, please message me as I’d be happy to buy one or two off you. Thanks! EDIT: Purchasing some from Teatimetim. Thanks for the messages!
  18. Bryceshaw06

Ashida Wii Portable

I can’t say for certain, but if your Ashida looks like the orange one in the provided photos, here’s what the interals should look like. I won’t provide any advice on a safe charging solution, but hopefully someone else can.
  19. Bryceshaw06

Ashida Wii Portable

You need to use the 5V model of the Noctua fan. The 12V model will not work. Learned the hard way :( https://a.co/d/fcrQ5z7
  20. Bryceshaw06

RVLoader v2.0

There are not any compatibility lists at the moment. Your best bet is to look at the RVLoader GitHub issues section, some games have been reported there. If a game flat out doesn't work with GC2Wiimote (Doesn't register the controller as you mentioned), please make an issue there so Aurelio can...