Search results

1. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

If you can afford it, PCBWay does it, but if you can find a way to not pay $150 I'd love to know where lol -- I was thinking my final build was going to be translucent blue
  2. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Seconding this, although in my case I was looking for a led that changes colors based on the power state (red for standby, green for on, just like OEM)
  3. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Got the link?
  4. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

I'll take twenty lol... although I see you mounted a connector to the wires... how's that work and where'd you get the part?
  5. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Thanks. I've got a place that'll help me get the prototype prints before I buy the big one so this will really help me get the build just how I want it first.
  6. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Do you think you could show where that would be? I'd thought of maybe wiring one green/red LED for status indication since we're taking the stock one out (whichever of the ones from the link that would be, lol) but wouldn't know where to wire that in lol...
  7. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Did you order the clear case from PCBWay? I was thinking about getting a translucent print from them but was going to test it on a regular print for fitment for now
  8. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Also, for anyone following the thread, there's a sale going on for Samsung EVO microSD's... I have to still buy a m4sxio from HGT and a FMCB memcard but if you're looking for a 256gb to put in this build... they're $23 USD on Amazon today https://a.co/d/evRw9lL
  9. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Probably, yea
  10. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Thanks man... you're doing me a huge solid with this.
  11. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Thanks, that'd be huge. Modularity would definitely make this build even more crazy... I've started looking around for places I can get a test shell printed and work on it locally, since there's no way I'm affording a printer right now lol. How'd you attach the connectors -- soldering the wires...
  12. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Found the converter vcesne used in his project. https://electron-shepherd.com/products/analog2hdmi Hey, did you need to alter Wesk's print file or did you just file out an opening for the HDMI? And also, you need to wire it straight to the mobo, no USB power draw, yeah? I might just have to...
  13. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Man... gotta love the mod community. Collaboration like this is amazing to see.
  14. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

That would be good, since it'd definitely help me figure out how I want to do this. You in the States or over in Europe?
  15. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Hmm... I wonder if there's a way to combine Wesk's design (that I/O button hidden in the ○ on the shell was actually really slick and I wanted to keep that neat little feature) and yours -- keeping the stock LED indicator and merely repositioning it, well, anywhere visible since I'm going...
  16. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

Okay, so as I'm looking at the photos you have, did you make any adjustments to the .stl file that you'd be okay with sharing? It looks like you have a dedicated opening for the HDMI much like I planned on doing instead of the AV slot... but I'm a CS nerd that studied frontend in college so I...
  17. JBtwo7n

PS2 Ultra Slim

So, I'm a total neophyte with hardware mods. I've done some repair jobs in my day but this is more or less into the breach for me. The algorithm brought this mod to my attention and it just so happens my PS2 Slim is, in fact, a 79001. So I'm thinking about doing this but I had a few questions...