Search results

1. icy_system

The WiiCube

Hello Mr. Game & Cube. Thanks for looking into my project. I would have considered open sourcing it, but I don't think it would a great idea. Some of the assembly went differently than how I wanted it to, like things taking up too much space and having difficultly fitting in one trigger. I...
  2. icy_system

Wii Portable Commision

I appreciate the time you spent to look over this and give me advice. I really should be sure of myself before commissioning something considering the high price of Wii portables. I do want to say that I have improved a lot from the messy first build. I am positive I would never sell the...
  3. icy_system

Wii Portable Commision

EDITED: I will not be doing commissions right now, but I may edit this post in the future if I decide to start commissioning.
  4. icy_system

Worklog Indigo Ashida Wii

Looks good, but the reason why your screen says VGA is because you have to switch it to AV mode manually if that's what you want. Go to screen driver board and switch it to AV mode. You can make a button with one end on ground and the other on the button the screen driver board. I think K5 is...
  5. icy_system

Secret Santa 2023: Post your gifts here!

I just received my Secret Santa package! I don't think there was a username anywhere but thank you to whoever sent this out. It is an original Gameboy. I'll need to get some games, and it might need a screen replacement. Never had one of these before so very cool. Again, thanks! Merry...
  6. icy_system

The WiiCube

Hello! 1. Are you asking if I trimmed the board? What motherboard mods do you mean? I did consider not trimming the board at one point, but it would have been difficult. The height to the board would be uncomfortable to hold and there are other things sticking out. Also, I got better battery...
  7. icy_system

Worklog CrazyGadget's First N64 Portable - NSight64

Wow, this is great! Nice job on that flex, looks super clean, I'm glad it's working!
  8. icy_system

The WiiCube

The WiiCube Hello! This is my recently completed first Wii portable, The WiiCube. I created it to play my favorite Wii and GameCube games on the go, after I saw that this was possible about a year ago from YouTube. I named it the WiiCube because I wanted it to be a mix of the Wii (white...
  9. icy_system

Question Wii Trim RVLoader USB Issues

Well, I ended up trying again on a new wii and... it worked! It can play games now! I troubleshooted a little bit with CrazyGadget on the old Wii, and I think the vias might have gotten swapped and caused problems or they got messed up by ESD, though I'm not really sure. I actually kept the USB...
  10. icy_system

Worklog The s-WII-ch (my first Wii portable)

That's a cool plan! I would probably just use the normal USB ports instrad of the PD board, though, because it will be plugged in to the wall so you have to unplug it however it is set up with a power supply and bring it to your computer then put it back with the senor bar and video out, so it...
  11. icy_system

Worklog First potable

You can still turn it on when the board is out of the case, just be sure to put the heatsink back on by putting the white plastic board under it and screwing it on. You can also rerun the installer to check if VGA is enabled. Also, you should post a picture of the back also with lines, cutting...
  12. icy_system

Worklog First potable

Okay, that means you enabled the VGA patch. So, you have been unplugging and replugging in to get image on the screen? Once you do the VGA patch you shouldn't get image on the screen without unplugging and replugging in. Just wanted to make sure you didn't change it later.
  13. icy_system

Worklog First potable

128 gigabytes is good for games, you can fit a good amount. As Stiches said before, Sandisk Ultra Fit is good option, that is also 128 gigabytes. Seems good, have you enabled the VGA patch, though? If you are making an Ashida, that is something you can do. I'm pretty sure that you can still...
  14. icy_system

Worklog First potable

Yeah, you can change drives later on, I was just saying it's a pretty easy fix right now and maybe you can get some more space for games also.
  15. icy_system

Worklog First potable

I had a USB drive for RVLoader that could only play GameCube games also. All you have to do is get another drive, it's worth it.
  16. icy_system

Thanks Stiches, I have already tried splicing a USB wire for power and it did that same thing, though.
  17. icy_system

I can't get a good picture of the back right now, but everything is soldered on there.
  18. icy_system

I got a new USB breakout board and soldered it, but it didn't work. Next, I decided to solder to CM1 to see if that would help, but I was having trouble even though I did it before, so I stopped before I could damage it. I also shorted the wires even more because I saw that could help when not...
  19. icy_system

Question Is there a way to tell if an AVE is dead?

You should post pictures of your wiring, that will help with troubleshooting. Also, if you are using BBLoader maybe you should upgrade to RVLoader, it's newer and what most people use now.
  20. icy_system

Question help me plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

GingerOfOz did it in his Wii trimming video, so you can watch that. How to Trim A Wii (Full Demo) - YouTube Also, Wi-Fi is not a good idea, it is very hard and not worth it. And you probably shouldn't do plssss, it's kind of spammy.