Search results

1. SartoZ

Question PMS-PD heating too much?

I recently notice that the USB port (and the nearby area) of the PMS-PD rev3 in my Ashida becomes quite hot after ~30 min of gameplay, I mesured 45/46°C. Besides that it seems to work fine. Is it supposed to be normal or the PD is going to be fried soon?
  2. SartoZ

Chameleon Ashida

To enjoy the full potential of a portable gamecube, I think the memory card slot is mandatory as you can switch between the handheld and console with ease. Then I changed the bluetooth sync button with a pushbutton wired to the 3,3v vga mode pad to enable or disable that function, since not...
  3. SartoZ

Discussion Pal games not supporting progressive scan (blue/black screen)

Hello euro fellows. You may notice that not all the games that you dumped in your portable works in vga mode, showing instead just a blue/black screen while the audio plays in the bg. That's because vga input works only in progressive scan format, which is a option natively supported by ntsc...
  4. SartoZ

Question Rvl-amp to jack connection

Hello everyone I was checking the connection between rvl-amp and headphone jack via ashida pcb with multimeter and I noticed that ground and right audio channel are swapped compared to the 4layer diagram. (The jack leg supposed to be wired to gnd is instead connected to hr and vice versa) So I...
  5. SartoZ

Question Wii memory card slot relocation

Hello there I'm building an Ashida with GC memory card slot, but looking at the wii trim diagram I'm not sure if I have to solder the data wires to the test pads or to those DA components. Do somebody know it?
  6. SartoZ

Worklog Ashida build, 0 electronics knowledge, help much appreciated

Hello everyone I'm trying to build an Ashida learning electronics and soldering from scrap in the process, encouraged from the titanic work of you guys in making this project as simple and clear as possible even to a total noob like me. I already trimmed the mobo and tested the resistances...