Search results

1. Slaalschop

Worklog First Portable Wii

Right on the money! Replaced those and it works flawlessly!
  2. Slaalschop

Successful trim finally! Not pretty lol. I'll do cable management later I'm having a pretty severe issue regarding bbloader though. Almosy every time I switch to a different menu with the c stick or try to load a game the system freezes up. What could be causing this? My only guess is that the...
  3. Slaalschop

Good news: I managed to fix it. The problem was bridged pins on the AVE, easy fix. Bad news: Hehe. Quite embarrassing New wii coming in in a few days. Found a great deal for one on Ebay, with shipping it came out to $20 :D I also fried the main board for my screen because I wasn't paying...
  4. Slaalschop

Almost a month later and my parts I ordered off of the bitbuilt store have arrived! Back to work :D Unfortunately I immediately ran into a problem. I've relocated the U10 and now when I turn on the wii I don't get any signal on the screen, the only indication that the wii is on is the green...
  5. Slaalschop

Guide Gameboy Macro Screen Swapping

Interesting. Might buy a broken ds lot off of ebay or something and do some poking around. Certainly worth the investigation
  6. Slaalschop

Is that right? Where can I learn some details about this
  7. Slaalschop

I FIGURED IT OUT! Turns out you need some resistance between top screen output and bottom screen input. I used a spare 750 ohm resistor I had on hand.
  8. Slaalschop

Is this tested and confirmed as working? I've done the setup as described and when I flip the switch to DCLK2 I'm not seeing anything. Some help would be greatly appreciated! And yes I know, old thread :P Here's the bottom screen output: And top screen: I've checked around with my multimeter...
  9. Slaalschop

Thanks for the encouragement and the help! I'll find a potentiometer then
  10. Slaalschop

Officially part of the vga club! I know, ugly cardboard cable gore... this is a temporary cable so I actually pulled it off! Considering I first touched a soldering iron a week ago (and I hardly used it until 2 days ago!) I'm quite happy with myself here. Onward and upward I guess None of my...
  11. Slaalschop

This isnt super important but I just successfully soldered for the first time This is 3.3v to mode. I went further up for mode bc I wanted more space :/
  12. Slaalschop

Thank you! I'll keep all of that in mind. I'm putting off further work until next week, I purchased a stationary magnifying glass with light so I can get a better look at what I'm doing, and a cleaning station for my soldering iron. I'll do another progress update sometime after Thursday.
  13. Slaalschop

I'm working on the board for the first time today, kind of exciting. I've been looking at this diagram for vga output and I don't know where to put the ground wires from the vga cable. I see a 5 and a 6 near mode, do those correspond to the same ground as the other diagram on the trimming guide...
  14. Slaalschop

I actually did end up choosing a different screen from aliexpress, it's basically the same in every way except it's 3.5", a bit more suitable for this project My supplies are arriving so I'll be working on this by saturday. It says the screen will take months to ship though. Guess I can take my...
  15. Slaalschop

I've now installed BBloader and a few games onto a fresh wii, and everything is working to my liking. I did not enable the vga option, but I'm now wondering if I should have. I'm pretty sure I'd be easily able to redo the installation to make that happen, but should I? I've heard that using vga...
  16. Slaalschop

Thank you! I'll keep posting what I get done. Probably gonna be a bit before I actually get into it because I need everything to ship. I'll be sure to check out the forums in my spare time as well.
  17. Slaalschop

Hey all, recently my school schedule opened up nice so I'm going to try to make a portable wii to keep myself busy. I'm not super concerned about most of the details at the moment, right now I'm looking into making a functional trimmed motherboard to start. Once I get that working I'll move on...