Search results

1. Nand512

Question repost from general - can i "re-homebrew" an already homebrewed wii?

sorry for repost, i posted this in general but forgot i should've posted here instead - i bought a wii that i homebrewed for my college dorm - priiloader goes straight to usb loader, got cIOS's, etc. but i don't really use it much and i've been wanting to make a wii portable. i also spent a fair...
  2. Nand512

good circuitry design videos (repost since i used the wrong thread)

i posted in the wrong thread, but basically I never understood anything about circuitry design but I've always wanted to. After watched the Electronics 101 videos and understanding the concepts (and I can understand some basic schematics (and have even made them in KiCad)), I still struggle to...
  3. Nand512

Discussion good videos on circuitry design?

I'm putting my Wii micro project on hold until I finish my current b0xx project. But I've always been into circuitry design but I never understood anything. I've watched the Electronics 101 videos and I understand the concepts, and can understand some basic schematics (and have even made them in...
  4. Nand512

what to do as a beginner?

my only soldering experience has been with a DIY B0XX. I've been watching the Electronics 101 Videos and I've gotten somewhat of an idea of how the basics works. I have solder wick, flux, solid core and magnetic wire, and I'm planning on getting a Wii and dremel soon. Should I make my own...
  5. Nand512

any way to change username

I desperately need to change my username but I can't find anywhere to do it and I don't want to make a new account.
  6. Nand512

how to get better at soldering

got a soldering iron for my birthday back in January (hakko f888d), and while i love the aspect of soldering i can't help but suck at it. i had a small test kit where you'd just solder some resistors to a pcb and i never got the hang of it. ended up burning the pcb and called it a day, and that...
  7. Nand512

Discussion what is the easiest portable with not too many extra things for beginners?

i just started soldering and portables look really cool, and my school has a 3d printer and i have a lot of tools, and i feel like building one would be the best way to get experience. what do you guys recommend as the easiest for a beginner?
  8. Nand512

how easy is the ashida as a beginner project?

i've never built a portable. soldered for the first time two days ago and did a badddd job (but im getting better). the ashida looks like a really good project to push myself to do, but i'm not 100% committed. it is nice as it's fairly cheap - a wii isn't too much, like $20 or something, and the...