Search results

1. atkfromabove

Question Game System Error

No I didn’t find a fix. I think it’s an issue with the game specifically.
  2. atkfromabove

Question G Wii repair

What's the issue exactly?
  3. atkfromabove

Discussion Doing an RCP

It's possible to rewire the CPU and RCP if you decide to cut that low but I would recommend cutting to that first line above the 1997 Nintendo logo silkscreen. That way you'd only need to rewire the RCP
  4. atkfromabove

Worklog N64 Micro

This is incredible! Excited to see where this goes!
  5. atkfromabove

Worklog N64 Portable V3

Thats surprising, but I've never tried powering the screen before modifying it. If it works then I don't think it should be a problem.
  6. atkfromabove

Reverse-Engineering a Switch Lite Boardview

Just saw this mentioned on a youtube channel I watch (). This is amazing stuff!
  7. atkfromabove

Worklog First N64 Portable - N64HH Build

Decided to try my hand at making a custom breakout PCB for the RCP. I tried to make the footprint based off of the compendium image, but it was super difficult to scale down correctly. I ended up finding a github with all the N64 footprints (https://github.com/dmkfasi/nus-cpu) in it luckily so...
  8. atkfromabove

Worklog PiR8_BTY's N64 Portable Control Deck (N64HH)

It's a lot worse than the Wii. You're in about $150 already just getting the console and RAM chips. I had the unfortunate problem having to start a second build which I left the RAM chips on since I am still hoping I can go back and get that one working.
  9. atkfromabove

Small update. I finished off the last part of the trim! I have successfully removed the cartridge slot! Now I am ready to rewire and put this bad boy in the N64HH case!
  10. atkfromabove

Guide 5”LCD DIY Firmware

What exactly does this do? Thanks for sharing the firmware. I have a board that's flipping the image upside down. Maybe using the firmware to re-flash my board will fix it.
  11. atkfromabove

N64HH V2

What components do you have going over the FPC connector? Is it for audio and a couple of buttons? It's hard to tell exactly from the photos.
  12. atkfromabove

After a couple of weeks putting off the RCP cartridge relocation, I finally got around to giving it a go. I used the compendium to make sure I got all the wires done correctly. I also followed this guide for where to wire the 3.3v lines...
  13. atkfromabove

That's too bad on the chip. Those were not cheap parts. I ended up getting 4 of them after I messed up my first build. I'm still hopeful I can get that first board working again though.
  14. atkfromabove

I'm liking the test fits. It helps me visualize where things are going to go on my own build since I haven't started putting things in the case yet.
  15. atkfromabove

That jumper is because I ripped the pad when removing L1. If you remove it clean it just needs the 1 wire on the capacitor and 1 to ground.
  16. atkfromabove

Yeah the screen is running okay at 5v. Here is a post for how to wire the screen up for 5v. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/power-suggestion-for-the-5%E2%80%9D-zj050na-08c.2858/post-40082
  17. atkfromabove

N64HH V2

I think they might have gotten the FFC from here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804211696987.html
  18. atkfromabove

I was able to finally get it to boot on the 5v yesterday. My issue was that I didn't sand the trim enough. Are you getting a low 5v when powering on the N64? I'm not sure what you are asking for about the capacitor. Do you mean the PMS?
  19. atkfromabove

After another 15 rounds of troubleshooting the same issue as before, I finally got the N64 to boot!!! Even though there was no short, I must not have sanded enough after trimming. I went back and sanded a little more and BAM, it worked. I wonder if my first trim is the same issue. I may go...
  20. atkfromabove

Question N64 Pms 5 volts problem

I really hate to bring back dead threads but did you ever figure out this issue? I am having a similar problem.