Search results

1. Ikeprodigy

Great Deals On Various Components

@GingerOfOz already mentioned this a couple times but I just want to put it out there that Radio Shack is going out of business and most of their items are 50% off! https://www.radioshack.com/collections/parts-drawer Enjoy while it last!
  2. Ikeprodigy

Worklog The IkeprodigWii

Ok... due to a sudden boost in morale (and boredom) I've decided to put together a little worklog. I must warn you, however, since my money is really tight right now and since it's the end of the school year for me, this worklog is going to be very slow. With that being said, I'm not sure if I'm...
  3. Ikeprodigy

Question Did I Screw Up?

Jesus! I had no idea that cutting the motherboard was going to be so difficult! I have a 6-layer board and I initially thought it'd be a cakewalk... I was wrong. My dremel veered off course occasionally and I managed to knock off a couple components. My question is, what can I do to possibly get...
  4. Ikeprodigy

Question Motherboard Trimming Accuracy

How accurate does the cut have to be when trimming the Wii motherboard? It's gonna be my first time doing something like this and I don't want to cut too much. To avoid doing so, I plan on leaving a little extra board. Is this OK to do or will left on components effect functionality?
  5. Ikeprodigy

Console Shells

Real short and random question: What does everyone do with their console cases when they're done harvesting the motherboard?
  6. Ikeprodigy

Resistors for Custom Regulators

Where's the best place to get the listed resistors for custom regulators? (87.2k, 33.8k, 1.89k, 353) I'm having a hard time finding some for an affordable price. If there aren't any resistors with the exact value, what are the best combinations to put in series? Links would be appreciated!
  7. Ikeprodigy

Magnet Enabled Copper Wire Questions

These questions are for those who have previous experience with magnet wire: What's the difference between it and other insulated wire? Can it be used for ground, power, etc? Is there a place where I can get a multicolored spool? I saw that Shockslayer and Gman used it before and I'm...