Solved Affordable regulators (Mini560)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Several people have used them, yeah. The thermals vary a bit, as does the overall success rate of the regs at the full 2A draw of the 1v line. If you can get them from a relatively reputable supplier then they can be acceptable, but a lot of them use blank chips. Finding the datasheet for the regs to get the RSET resistor values for 1v and 1.15v might not be possible. Also, the ones you linked have a 2v minimum input/output differential, so you can't use a 2S pack with them or the 5v line will die at around 40% charge.

Portables
3 Trims, 1 Portable, 2 Tabletop
Several people have used them, yeah. The thermals vary a bit, as does the overall success rate of the regs at the full 2A draw of the 1v line. If you can get them from a relatively reputable supplier then they can be acceptable, but a lot of them use blank chips. Finding the datasheet for the regs to get the RSET resistor values for 1v and 1.15v might not be possible. Also, the ones you linked have a 2v minimum input/output differential, so you can't use a 2S pack with them or the 5v line will die at around 40% charge.
Thanks a lot stitches, I didn’t consider that lower voltage on low charge

Even if the minimum difference is 1.7, it will die before 0%

Portables
3 Trims, 1 Portable, 2 Tabletop
Thanks a lot! I have recently watched that video, but cannot figure in the video how much heat produce that regulator, I’ve ordered 10 pieces already to test it with a portable