Question Bluetooth Module broke off my Wii (help)

Hello ladies and gentlemodders! We’re back with another episode of “Why You Should Always Install RVLoader On You Wii Before You Try and Mod Anything On It! TM”

So, I was hooking up my Wii to this new screen I’d been messing around with to test if it did in fact support component signal (thanks by the way, Stitches), when I suddenly found that my Wii would no longer boot! I noticed that the Bluetooth module had fallen off, and when I tried to plug it back in, I realized that I had accidentally ripped the entire connection housing off!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Now, I’m assuming this isn’t the biggest problem in the world because it’s an RVL-CPU 01 board so I don’t need to scratch traces for a Bluetooth module rewiring. I can just rewire the Bluetooth module as you would on a Noldendo Micro, right? It would still boot normally into the home menu after that, right? I didn’t just hopelessly destroy another Wii in the name of personal modding progression and self-growth, right?

Portables
Unfortunately you forcibly have to rewire the module onto the console because the connector is totally damaged

The good news are that you don't need to scratch traces (for now), you can solder wires from the modulle connector (or the pads on the other side) to console connector. Just follow this pinout and match the numbers:
1.png

I can’t just solder the test pads on the module to the points here? (since it’s a 6-layer board)
BDE9F888-0AB9-4BD3-80B6-2531906373D2.png

Portables
If you want to use those points or scratch the vias near the gpu, it’s ok

I was saying that you can solder direclty to the connector because your console its not trimmed and its easier to solder there

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You can also just carefully slot the port back on, tack on some flux and reflow the broken joints. The pads themselves look undamaged, so you could restore the port if you wanted

You can also just carefully slot the port back on, tack on some flux and reflow the broken joints. The pads themselves look undamaged, so you could restore the port if you wanted
There is one pad that got ripped off. (Top second one on the left.) So at least that one will have to be wired to the via.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You are correct, I missed that. The mising pad is pin 10, which is Data 1. It is essential, but running a wire to the nearby via as you said will repair the connection