Solved Brawl is the slowest thing

Mumble

Portables
So I decided to give PortablizeMii a shot, and I really love the Interface!
However, I had to format my drive in F32 to get it to recognize my games.

So because I now have F32, the max file size that can be put on the drive is 4GB. I used http://www.isotowbfs.com/ to split them equally to fit them on the drive. However...In doing this brawl is 3x slower during loading screens, and when it does load it freezes at times.

Anyone have any suggestions? If it helps, on USB loader GX I had this game running in IOS format, on a WBFS drive and it was just fine, with no problems.

Mumble

Portables
I don't know if this helps, but when creating a save at the beginning of launch, smash said something like "You can't save past 3 minute save data". Sonic colors thinks there is no memory left on the wii, and won't save at all.

So I've got two problems, and I think they're intersecting some how. But maybe not and they may be completely separate.

EDIT: I found the problem with no saving. But I still have to get brawl to fit on a fat32 without a split...or in wbfs.
I copied sonic colors to the wbfs folder as an ISO and not a WBFS.
The game ran and didn't give me any error like there was no room for saving. I think this would also apply to brawl, if I can find a way to make it an ISO and fit it on a F32 drive my problem "may" (meaning most likely) be solved.

If there is no way to fit it on a F32 drive as an ISO, is there another format that will work fine with PortablizeMii?

Last edited:

Mumble

Portables
Alright after tweaking a bit, my problem is no longer the game randomly freezing. I worked on it a lot today and brawl finally decided to work. The problem now is that the games think there is no space on the wii?

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
The Wii is very picky on what flash drives it likes to work with. I would recommend going to Shank's super thread and using the storage he indicated. It's confirmed to work and it's not very expensive.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I'll save you the trouble. Of all the tiny flash drives I've tested, these two worked the best.
Lexar 128
Samsung 128
Avoid sandisk. They have had poor quality since being purchased by Western Digital.

Mumble

Portables
This issue was found a while ago, and we have mostly determined it is an issue with flash drive speed, but we aren't completely sure. We are still working on a fix as far as I know.
Happy to say I actually found a fix for it earlier.
What I did was opened Brawl in dolphin, and created a save file. which created some folders in "Dolphin Emulator\Wii\title".
What you wanna do is go into that directory and copy everything from "Dolphin Emulator\Wii", to "YourUSB\nands\pln2o", and don't replace anything that does already exist.

This fixed it for me, and I even managed to download a 100% save that worked perfectly fine.

Mumble

Portables
The Wii is very picky on what flash drives it likes to work with. I would recommend going to Shank's super thread and using the storage he indicated. It's confirmed to work and it's not very expensive.
I'll save you the trouble. Of all the tiny flash drives I've tested, these two worked the best.
Lexar 128
Samsung 128
Avoid sandisk. They have had poor quality since being purchased by Western Digital.

I eventually got the drive to work fine, just took a bit more time...