Worklog Modded my OLED Switch -- my First "Real" Project

First off, I want to say that I feel out of place even posting about something that seems so simple (and something that doesn't get posted about much/ever) compared to what everyone else is doing on these forums. Everyone is throwing around unfamiliar terms around and posting pictures of blueprints I could only hope to understand. I'm impressed that it feels like one big rabbit hole full of such smart people gathered around.

A little bit of backstory
I got into this kind of hobby by first looking up guides on how to replace my iPhone 6's battery, back when it was dying randomly. I later took other peoples' electronics and took them apart and repaired them and put them back together and it felt good knowing they go about their daily lives using their now-working devices. I somehow came across GingerOfOz's famous wiiboy video recently and saw how clean and how thin the bezzle is (who doesn't love a thin bezzle?) and instantly got inspired and later on ended up here when I heard about BitBuilt.

I had been wanting to mod my Switch for the past year but fell off due to eBay leaving my replacement motherboard shipment status on "shipped" and never to move from that status for two months until I issued a refund. It took a total of three Switches for me to learn just how delicate microscopic resistors are to a soldering iron. Expensive mistakes, but I'll mod the others and sell them eventually. Having completed modding my OLED switch for the first time has been one of the biggest sense of accomplishments ever. It taught me many things, including that I hate enameled copper wire because it bends a few times then breaks in half only to have to solder another piece on.

In aspiration of delving further and having even more fun, I hope to follow Dustin Fisher's generous uploads along with the original G-Boy kit guide in order on making my first handheld Wii!
IMG_1419.jpg
IMG_1428.jpg

First off, I want to say that I feel out of place even posting about something that seems so simple (and something that doesn't get posted about much/ever) compared to what everyone else is doing on these forums. Everyone is throwing around unfamiliar terms around and posting pictures of blueprints I could only hope to understand. I'm impressed that it feels like one big rabbit hole full of such smart people gathered around.

A little bit of backstory
I got into this kind of hobby by first looking up guides on how to replace my iPhone 6's battery, back when it was dying randomly. I later took other peoples' electronics and took them apart and repaired them and put them back together and it felt good knowing they go about their daily lives using their now-working devices. I somehow came across GingerOfOz's famous wiiboy video recently and saw how clean and how thin the bezzle is (who doesn't love a thin bezzle?) and instantly got inspired and later on ended up here when I heard about BitBuilt.

I had been wanting to mod my Switch for the past year but fell off due to eBay leaving my replacement motherboard shipment status on "shipped" and never to move from that status for two months until I issued a refund. It took a total of three Switches for me to learn just how delicate microscopic resistors are to a soldering iron. Expensive mistakes, but I'll mod the others and sell them eventually. Having completed modding my OLED switch for the first time has been one of the biggest sense of accomplishments ever. It taught me many things, including that I hate enameled copper wire because it bends a few times then breaks in half only to have to solder another piece on.

In aspiration of delving further and having even more fun, I hope to follow Dustin Fisher's generous uploads along with the original G-Boy kit guide in order on making my first handheld Wii!
View attachment 28761View attachment 28762
Cool! I also found out about bitbuilt from Gingerofoz's wii boy color video.