Worklog N64P by Shaun

Starting and Finishing up my first N64p soon!

Here are some pictures:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I’m going to look through the forum and see if I find a wiring diagram for these old iPod audio amps. Also going to see how I can run the n64 off 5V ? I’m not sure what was the trick was back in the day. Or if I’m mistaken lol

image.jpg

Got my trusty ol’ PTH08080 wired up. Not going to test anything as I know the board is working but more importantly I need to find my multimeter before going live LOL just going to begin mounting everything in place for now. Trying to see how many batteries I can fit in my case. 2 for sure. 4 might be a stretch.

This will be my first time cutting up a Nintendo Controller for this project. I have those eBay joysticks with POTs in it that plug and plays with the oem controller. I ripped the board out a bit too hard I think.. looks much pretty intact, will see if it’s solid soon.

More to come cheers

Last edited:
Hey! So I could use some help if anyone has one of these eBay/Amazon boards that make a normal pot joystick work on OEM N64 controllers.

I seem to be missing some of the board and from some searching through work logs there seems to be couple different versions of the board…

I’m missing a little bit of the left side of the board and reconnected some parts there’s a couple more traces to reconnect.
If anyone has one of these intact can you please send me a picture!!
image.jpg

Ended up completely gutting out my old wiring and starting somewhat ‘fresh’.
This board could still be working will be testing it later today when I get a new regulator as I blew mine from a simple mistake :|

image.jpg

Hey guys so I’m having some difficulty getting the X axis to work on my Superpad board.

I’ve used a couple different joysticks and I’ve narrowed the issue down to the controller board itself.

The superpad has two voltages coming out for the joystick and only one is needed of course. I’m wondering if perhaps the chip on the controller needs something to be bridged for it to work ?
894540C6-9B7A-4CAC-B04E-02D5C1F94B9B.jpeg

I have bridged the V1 with V2 as the jumper things on the back of the controller to bridge connections seemed a bit dodgy when I used my multimeter on them.

what’s that resistor there for ? I tested it and got about 3000 ohms. Without the resistor it still didn’t work.

I’m puzzled to say the least haha

EDIT:

so I found this from Modretro:
3DD22D57-0916-4A50-9581-2061E99A35E9.jpeg

makes sense to tweak it with a POT, as I’m not willing to go thru my bag of mismatched resistors LOL.
Going to test and see now

Last edited: