Worklog pengy's PS2p worklog

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Wow this turn out really awesome! Are their batteries inside of it? I don't catch them in the pictures.

Alvaro

Portables
Could you show me the diagram you used to wire the controller and screen. I can't find a thorough guide.

Could you show me the diagram you used to wire the controller and screen. I can't find a thorough guide.
I s̶t̶o̶l̶e found this from Google.

It isn't the same screen he has but it's pretty much the same concept (sort of), this helps with the PS2 AV port wiring though, not to the screen itself neccessarily

On Ashen's PS2 thing worklog on page 3 scroll down a little bit and you will see his controller pinout thing.

There are many different types of PS2 controller boards, but this is the one that he made a pinout for. It doesn't show exactly how to connect to the PlayStation itself. But this is the closest I could find to help you @Iniquitous

And RDC sells (or sold, not sure if he is still making/selling them) this really small controller board for the PS2 too

Last edited:

Alvaro

Portables
I was thinking about using a og controller as that's what I have. I need a pin out for that and a pin out for a ps one screen but you already gave me that. I just need to know if everything is soldered will the screen turn on with the ps2 or where would i wire the screen to the batteries? @Wadebrody

I was thinking about using a og controller as that's what I have. I need a pin out for that and a pin out for a ps one screen but you already gave me that. I just need to know if everything is soldered will the screen turn on with the ps2 or where would i wire the screen to the batteries? @Wadebrody
I'm not quite sure. I'm not really a master a portables or anything so don't take my word for it but, I think the screen would turn on with the PS2 when you turn it on.

I don't think RDC is still selling those mini controllers
Yeah, I didn't think so either.

Alvaro

Portables
Tempted to make one but I also can't find where dalian screens are sold. Also i don't know my way around a pcb. I only do good with diagrams. @Wadebrody

E64

Portables
Getting the front panel set up. Never got RGB working :(

Kinda sucks working on a trifold portable xD in the back right you can see the RC voltage buzzer I intend to mount inside to indicate low battery. They're cheap, adjustable, and pretty dang easy to wire. I will see how well it works for our use case.
What kind of screen is that your using?

Alvaro

Portables
Thanks @Noah and @Wadebrody for the info. Just installed fmcb. I think my portable will power off a wall D.C. Apdapter bc I have that in my car and stuff. You could call it a portable I guess but yeah. Not much info on ps2p out there