ps2 79001 black screen

You can refer to the PS2 7900X trim guide for where to probe to check various things including voltages:

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-ps2-trimming-guide.1841/

How are you hooking up the PS2 to your display? Composite?

And does a disk spin and seem like it is actually functioning when turned on?
I connect it by original ps2 rca cable and tried 2 different cables, and the play turns on but does nothing to rotate the disc, only turns on green light and the fan rotates normally.

So I suspect it is not actually turning on except for the led indicator and fan as the disc would still spin and all with the lid shut if it was actually working but had no video. Sounds like a more than just video. I would probe the voltage points in the guide I linked and go from there.

Portables
Have you messed with it in any way ? I would check this fuse here ps14 also what’s this I have with question mark looks like solder but not sure ?
IMG_6035.jpeg

So I suspect it is not actually turning on except for the led indicator and fan as the disc would still spin and all with the lid shut if it was actually working but had no video. Sounds like a more than just video. I would probe the voltage points in the guide I linked and go from there.
I noticed that the capacitors marked in the photo give me 5.v and I think they should be 3.v.

Attachments