ps2 79001 no power

Portables
hey guys I'm new here my name is Mario. I'm working on a ps2 portable and I was testing my lcd but accidently connected the av out from the ps2 to the 12v in the lcd and the battery to the av in the lcd. now the ps2 wont turn on no red light its dead. I already tried the tact button and still wont turn on. need help

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
hey guys I'm new here my name is Mario. I'm working on a ps2 portable and I was testing my lcd but accidently connected the av out from the ps2 to the 12v in the lcd and the battery to the av in the lcd. now the ps2 wont turn on no red light its dead. I already tried the tact button and still wont turn on. need help
Buy a new one

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Sorry mate, your LCD is definitely destroyed and the PS2 is quite probably fried as well. Have you disconnected the PS2 power and left it for a few minutes before plugging it back in? How did you connect power to the LCD AV input anyway?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Sorry mate, your LCD is definitely destroyed and the PS2 is quite probably fried as well. Have you disconnected the PS2 power and left it for a few minutes before plugging it back in? How did you connect power to the LCD AV input anyway?
The LCD is most likely fine because he wired a 1V signal (composite) to the 12V power input. The PS2 instead is probably fried, or at least some of it is and it's not worth it investigating to fix it

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The LCD is most likely fine because he wired a 1V signal (composite) to the 12V power input. The PS2 instead is probably fried, or at least some of it is and it's not worth it investigating to fix it
12v to the AV input wouldn't damage the LCD? wat

cfc_12

Portables
try to use a multitester to test each fuse at teh back of the ps2 motherboard. Replace it if you found shorts.

Portables
thanks for the replies the lcd works fine and on the ps2 I bridged the ps1 and ps3 fuse I had no continuity when I checked them. the f001 fuse has continuity. the fan is connected to the ps2 still no power.

Portables
so I should buy a new ps2 ?