Question recognize 7900x version

I'm planning on creating a ps2 handheld. but i'm struggeling to find a 7900x board. i don't live in america so when i order from ebay the shipping fee is just too high. I'm kind of getting tired of asking people what number the ps2 has on the back just to hear it's not the one i need. Are there any giveaways so i can recognize one from the outside?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I'm planning on creating a ps2 handheld. but i'm struggeling to find a 7900x board. i don't live in america so when i order from ebay the shipping fee is just too high. I'm kind of getting tired of asking people what number the ps2 has on the back just to hear it's not the one i need. Are there any giveaways so i can recognize one from the outside?
A 79000 series is inside a PS2 slim. Unfortunately there are other revisions of the slim series so the only definite way to know is to see the sticker on the back.

Thanks for your answer Gman. But i've no luck as of so far..
Does anyone have a tip for finding one in europe?

Portables
I find 79003s are a lot easier to find in the U.K and an eBay search for it (and an email alert) shows them every few days.

They're basically identical apart from some voltage location differences to the 79001.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The last number in 7900x denotes the region it was made for. 1 is NTSC-U, 2 is PAL Australia, 3 is PAL EU, 4 and 5 I'm not sure of, and 6 is China iirc. If you search for the various numbers you'll get different results.

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
I live in New Zealand and it was a task to find a good one (anyone want photos of the rusted ones I ended up with?) I got into the habit of asking friends, joining groups on FaceBook and hitting up any place I could. I am sitting on a 79002 that seems to be in reasonable condition - it's yours if you'd pay postage - although that could be pretty prohibitive given that I'm at the bottom of the world.