RVLoader v2.0

Hello! Has anyone tried using the GC2Wiimote to map the Mario Party 9 Wii game? Unfortunately the mapping of motion controls to the GameCube controller doesn't work in this game. Is it a GC2Wiimote incompatibility? In the Epic Mickey 2 game it doesn't work either, in others that I tested it works without problems

SartoZ

Portables
Hello everyone! I just installed rvloader with the VGA mod but the composite cable is still working fine (no need to plug it after wii boot). I already reinstalled rvloader 3 times just to be sure. Is there a way to check if the VGA patch is working?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hello everyone! I just installed rvloader with the VGA mod but the composite cable is still working fine (no need to plug it after wii boot). I already reinstalled rvloader 3 times just to be sure. Is there a way to check if the VGA patch is working?
Composite always works, component doesn't (with the vga patches)

Portables
Is there a way to reinstall RVLoader with VGA patch or install patches after installing?

My console is working, but I’m not sure if I’ve patched VGA when installing RVLoader because I’ve planned to use composite on my portable

Portables
I know this sound silly but is it possible to replace the start up screen with a different one I just want a yes or no if no just say no I don't want some complicated answer if yes please explain how

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I know this sound silly but is it possible to replace the start up screen with a different one I just want a yes or no if no just say no I don't want some complicated answer if yes please explain how
Yeah you can. I believe the startup splash is just a static image, so replacing that image in the source files and building the package should allow you to pick any image you want as your startup splash. I have no idea how to have an animated splash though, or whether it's even possible with RVLoader yet.

Portables
Yeah you can. I believe the startup splash is just a static image, so replacing that image in the source files and building the package should allow you to pick any image you want as your startup splash. I have no idea how to have an animated splash though, or whether it's even possible with RVLoader yet.
oh ok i just want the splash screen anyways and animation is a little extra, but can you help me?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I cannot. I have no experience with building git projects from source files, you'll have to look into how to do it yourself

Xyzven

Put my money where my mouth is and patreoned you. Hope it helps as your coding has kept this community flourishing. :awesome:

Does RVLoader play nicely with the AVE-HDMI kit from Electron Shepherd? Would it even be worth installing that kit into a portable as opposed to just using the VGA patch? Supposedly the kit has a built in functionality for screen control with a gamecube controller via GCVideo, but idk how THAT feature would play with the screen driver board should it be installed in a portable Wii.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Does RVLoader play nicely with the AVE-HDMI kit from Electron Shepherd? Would it even be worth installing that kit into a portable as opposed to just using the VGA patch? Supposedly the kit has a built in functionality for screen control using a gamecube controller, but idk how THAT feature would play with the screen driver board should it be installed in a portable Wii.
It does indeed. The difference in quality with VGA is pretty minor on small screens. You have to use it on a larger screen where the post-processing and upscaling can shine in order to see a significant difference. The AVE-HDMI is just a digital only GCVideo clone, which are all fine to use with RVLoader and WiiHUD due to them not interacting with the system directly. They just grab a copy of the digital video and audio from the Wii's GPU and convert it to an HDMI compliant format to output separately from the Wii's normal outputs. Both can run together without issue, and the Gamecube controller input reading functionality that some have for the menu only sniffs the controller data line for certain key combos, which are different from RVLoader's WiiHUD combos. The only time one might conflict with another is if you for some reason try to adjust the U-AMP volume while the GCVideo menu is open.

It does indeed. The difference in quality with VGA is pretty minor on small screens. You have to use it on a larger screen where the post-processing and upscaling can shine in order to see a significant difference. The AVE-HDMI is just a digital only GCVideo clone, which are all fine to use with RVLoader and WiiHUD due to them not interacting with the system directly. They just grab a copy of the digital video and audio from the Wii's GPU and convert it to an HDMI compliant format to output separately from the Wii's normal outputs. Both can run together without issue, and the Gamecube controller input reading functionality that some have for the menu only sniffs the controller data line for certain key combos, which are different from RVLoader's WiiHUD combos. The only time one might conflict with another is if you for some reason try to adjust the U-AMP volume while the GCVideo menu is open.
Gotcha, so all in all it would be more fitting for a Wii Nano mod as opposed to doing in say, an Ashida or G-Boy due to the screen size not really allowing for the post processing of the kit to shine? Though I feel like it might make getting the video signal to the driver board a little more intuitive with the kit. Since you could find a driver board with the same FFC pinout, but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself lmao

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Gotcha, so all in all it would be more fitting for a Wii Nano mod as opposed to doing in say, an Ashida or G-Boy due to the screen size not really allowing for the post processing of the kit to shine? Though I feel like it might make getting the video signal to the driver board a little more intuitive with the kit. Since you could find a driver board with the same FFC pinout, but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself lmao
Yeah I'd definitely save it for systems that'll be outputting to TVs. Not sure what you mean by same FFC pinout tho, all full size HDMI outputs/inputs have the same pinout

Are there any plans to make the VC functionality more reliable? N64 VC is super hit or miss, even when it does work once or twice, it's no guarantee that it will launch properly the next time I start the console.

Though I will say that I've had no issues with NES and SNES VC, so that's awesome.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Are there any plans to make the VC functionality more reliable? N64 VC is super hit or miss, even when it does work once or twice, it's no guarantee that it will launch properly the next time I start the console.

Though I will say that I've had no issues with NES and SNES VC, so that's awesome.
Yeah that's definitely the plan. A bit at a time I am fixing all the bugs