Question Trimmed Wii bad video

Hello, fist time posting here. I trimmed a 6 layer board (had some on hand) and got it to do something, for a while all I got was no signal. Anyway here's a pic

I thought it could be interference but I just soldered an av cable to ground and the video spot. Any ideas, is something broke or is it fixable?
Thanks

First question, have you sanded the board properly? Since you trimmed a 6 layer board, you should probably sand starting at 100 grit and work your way up to 1000 grit.

Also, could you post pictures of your trim? There could be a multitude of reasons depending on how you trimmed your board. You might have accidentally cut through a trace that you needed.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I got that same video output when I had problems with the NAND. Check to make sure your NAND traces aren't cut and your NAND pins aren't shorted. Can we get a picture of your trimmed board?

I poked around with a multimeter after sanding and didn't see any shorts but a mostly only checked the voltage points.
Here are more pics

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Did you relocate the Bluetooth module before trimming? It's generally a good idea to do one thing at a time and test between each thing so you know what is causing your issue.

Also are those white things on your regulators potentiometers? What voltages are they actually outputting?

yes i did the bluetooth before the trim and it worked.

yes those are potentiometers (temporary solution) my voltages are 3.35, 1, 1.16, and 5.01 for usb

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
When you say you couldn't get it to do anything, was it outputting a black screen or no video at all? Without usb hooked up, it'll show a black screen for a while. Mine usually does it for 30 secs or so before booting to priiloader. A reset button would also help.

JacksonS

Portables
I had similar-looking video on a 4-layer board when I relocated the 1.8V LDO and it wasn't working properly, so make sure that voltage is correct too.

So originally I got no signal, then I realised I hadn't connected the 1.8 at all, Now I get "static". I also have a wire hooked up to reset now just in case. 1 time it was just a black screen like there was no USB but after a reset it went back to static.

I'll have a look at the 1.8 but I'm pretty sure it was working right. Thanks guys.