Recent content by DerErzfeind

1. DerErzfeind

Worklog The LIGHTNiiNG - BLOCKED

This is really exciting! The same idea actually crossed my mind a couple says ago, but I dismissed it for being too complex :) Would be great if you get this to work, but I also fear you might have some problems with interference between the traces, inductance, etc., wish u good luck tho!
  2. DerErzfeind

Worklog SWiitch U

So I tested the 5v fan I have with an external power supply, it will run at about 3v 80mA. When connected to the fan pads, on startup the fan turns on for a brief moment and will not work afterwards. The voltage drops down to 3.7v with the load connected, this should work since the fan already...
  3. DerErzfeind

Worklog SWiitch U

Update 3: Case modding is now the working: I cut the controls and parts of the screen bezel in order to fit the screen, I'll modify and reattach them later. Backpart of the shell is also almost finished, joined the battery cover to the shell permanently with an abs/acetone mixture...
  4. DerErzfeind

Worklog SWiitch U

Thanks for bringing this up, I actually missed that point. When testing the system, I wondered why the fan would spin up and then stop spinning. So the fan pins are powered on 3.3V then, I guess? My inner perfectionist would hate to not have temperature controlled fan speeds, but I guess just...
  5. DerErzfeind

Question Efficiency difference U10 / PMS-Lite U10 emulation

Hey, I wondered if there’s a difference in efficiency when using the U10 emulation of the PMS-Lite instead of the original U10/U9 chip.
  6. DerErzfeind

Worklog SWiitch U

Finally got around to wiring up the Wii, it actually worked on first try :) Also I decided to skip doing the layout of the components in CAD and just started to cut and rework parts of the gamepad shell. Once I've mounted most of the parts I'll finish the wiring, hoping to get to that in...
  7. DerErzfeind

Question Trim help, Fan/Button/Trigger recommendations

Hey, I started building my first portable and trimmed the mainboard. I landed a bit inside the line above the GPU. Can someone with experience have a look at it? Also does anyone have recommendations for analog trigger switches and button switches? Have a look at the project for more...
  8. DerErzfeind

Worklog SWiitch U

Update 2: almost finished modelling everything to start trying to fit everything inside. Unfortunately I was not able to process solid objects from the stl files (too many polygons), so I decided to model them myself roughly, using the originals as reference. final fit will probably be quite...
  9. DerErzfeind

Worklog SWiitch U

That will help ;) thanks a lot!
  10. DerErzfeind

Worklog SWiitch U

update 1: dissasembled the gamepad and stripped it from the original components, also cracked open my Wii today and prepared it for trimming. At the moment I'm working on creating a 3D model of the Gamepad in order to create a component layout eventually :) Also thinking about maybe designing...
  11. DerErzfeind

Worklog SWiitch U

Hey I just watched that video, I think my build might turn out a bit cleaner. Mostly he doesn't use any of the convenient and tiny boards off of 4layertech. Also the original screen and digitizer is an absolute chungus, the one I bought is a lot thinner and will give me quite a bit more room to...
  12. DerErzfeind

Worklog SWiitch U

Oh lol, I've been looking for someone who has already done this, didn't find anyone. Great to have some reference, that's for linking this!
  13. DerErzfeind

Worklog SWiitch U

Sure, will do :) Although I'm not experienced in this "sport", I'm pretty certain it's going to fit. There's quite a lot of space inside
  14. DerErzfeind

Worklog SWiitch U

Hey, I wanted to share my first project, for now titled the SWiitch U. First time building a portable..here we go: I'm basically planning to stuff the Wii into a defective Wii U Gamepad, which I think is quite optimal space, buildquality and comfort wise. For the screen I'm going to replace...
  15. DerErzfeind

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey, although I have a bit of experience in tinkering with electronics, I'm new to console modding. Just started to build a Wii portable :)