Recent content by ponodude101

1. Solved Fan not turning on

Oh okay then. I just haven't gotten that far yet. I will keep that in mind for when I get to soldering it on though. Thank you!
  2. Solved Fan not turning on

Oh okay. I was plugging into the one directly next to the USB ports. The only similar connector I see is the one near the SD card slot, but isn't that for the disk drive? Does it matter, or am I missing another one?
  3. Solved Fan not turning on

So I have yet to trim my Wii, but I disassembled it and figured I'd put the cooling kit to use until I get to chance to do the trim. I thought I could just plug the fan into the original fan connector on the Wii, but I do that and it doesn't seem to be running when I turn the system on. Am I...
  4. Solved Postloader not showing all roms

Oh wow, I completely forgot to respond to this! At the time, I did not do that, but I tried it immediately the next morning and it worked! Thank you!
  5. Solved Postloader not showing all roms

Hi! So today I got portabalizemii working on my Wii, but one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to access all the emulators. When I go to the emulators section in postloader, I see my DS and SNES roms, but the N64 and GBA games I put on there aren't showing up. They're .z64 and .GBA files...
  6. Question Tips for adding common parts to case design

Wow, this is great advice! Thank you so much! I'll definitely take all that into consideration with my modeling. I've been doing it pretty haphazardly, but I'm gonna go back to it and start with the peripherals like you said. I'll also look into the calipers. Thanks for the help!
  7. Question Tips for adding common parts to case design

I'm currently working on a Wii Portable design. I haven't done much 3D modeling or CAD work before, but when I did and I needed something like a USB port or HDMI port on a case, I'd end up grabbing a model for it, lining that up, then extruding through the case model to have the exact hole. In...
  8. Question Can I get away with not trimming at all?

I thought so, but I wasn't totally sure. I don't have the Wii yet. It should be coming sometime in the next couple of weeks, so I'm gonna think more about it when it gets here. It's probably much more worth it to just trim and not have to deal with it being very big, but I just wanted to see if...
  9. Question Can I get away with not trimming at all?

Sounds like a dumb question. "Just follow the trimming guide. Stick with what works". I'm kinda just curious though, would it be feasible to make a portable with the full-size Wii board inside? It's not *that* huge, so if I didn't care about the size of the portable too much, would this be an...
  10. BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello! I've been reading up on a lot of stuff here, hoping to start my first portable soon. From what I've seen, I'm excited to be a part of this community!