Question Can I get away with not trimming at all?

Sounds like a dumb question. "Just follow the trimming guide. Stick with what works". I'm kinda just curious though, would it be feasible to make a portable with the full-size Wii board inside? It's not *that* huge, so if I didn't care about the size of the portable too much, would this be an option, or would there be complications with leaving stuff in that would cause it to not function correctly?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Sounds like a dumb question. "Just follow the trimming guide. Stick with what works". I'm kinda just curious though, would it be feasible to make a portable with the full-size Wii board inside? It's not *that* huge, so if I didn't care about the size of the portable too much, would this be an option, or would there be complications with leaving stuff in that would cause it to not function correctly?
Yeah you can totally do this, it's just big and a bit heavy. You can run the Wii off a 12v battery pack or remove all the onboard regulator components and use a PMS or something. Heaps of options.

Yeah you can totally do this, it's just big and a bit heavy. You can run the Wii off a 12v battery pack or remove all the onboard regulator components and use a PMS or something. Heaps of options.
I thought so, but I wasn't totally sure. I don't have the Wii yet. It should be coming sometime in the next couple of weeks, so I'm gonna think more about it when it gets here. It's probably much more worth it to just trim and not have to deal with it being very big, but I just wanted to see if I can get away with avoided as much scary stuff as possible for a first portable. Thanks for the reply!