Recent content by porc

1. porc

Worklog Wii in Gamecube

Oof indeed. Just ordered another 6-layer from eBay for $23, you'll be hearing from me again in a week or so
  2. porc

Worklog Wii in Gamecube

Yeah, I originally was going to do the normal trim, but when I was cutting the board the Dremel slipped and nicked the board in a few places in that area, so I just trimmed a little further in. First timer problems.
  3. porc

Worklog Wii in Gamecube

Welp. I redid the voltage lines (no 5V or 12V) with stranded 22AWG and removed any components I could find from the edges. All the voltages and resistances still look good, double checked the U10 and it's getting and sending 3.3V, but still no composite signal. Anything else you see that could...
  4. porc

Worklog Wii in Gamecube

Just tested with composite video (after disconnecting mode from 3v3), still getting no signal... Could solid core wire be the culprit? doesn't seem likely to me, especially since the voltages look good when the Wii is powered on, but I will re-wire it later today to double check. If that doesn't...
  5. porc

Worklog Wii in Gamecube

Another observation: when I have the 5V line connected to pin 4 on AV and the wii2hdmi is unplugged (nothing plugged into the video out), I get power (cpu heats up, good voltages). When the wii2hdmi is plugged in when I power on, I don't get power. When I plug in the wii with no wii2hdmi, and...
  6. porc

Worklog Wii in Gamecube

Alright, I shortened the wires, removed the 1.8v, and reflowed the solder joints. The wires are all messy and tangled but I will re do all of them once I know I can boot. No update from before. I just ordered a wii AV cable from amazon and found an old RCA usb capture card I had lying around, so...
  7. porc

Worklog Wii in Gamecube

You mean when installing RV loader? I intentionally did not enable VGA because I knew I would not need it. I confirmed I was getting output with the wii2hdmi after the U10 relocation before trimming. I connected pins 8 and 10 (mode and 3.3V) directly on the AV pins as well
  8. porc

Worklog Wii in Gamecube

Also per your last response I just converted this thread to a worklog and will continue to post here
  9. porc

Worklog Wii in Gamecube

I mean wiring it up as illustrated here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/guide-release-noldendo-wii-miicro.3750/#lg=thread-3750&slide=7 . In the Noldendo guide it says that 5V needs to be wired to the AV port in order to use the wii2hdmi, which is what I'm using in this build. Pin...
  10. porc

Worklog Wii in Gamecube

I am working on a 6 layer trim based on Nold's Miicro. I finished the trim, tested the resistances and everything seems good to go, but when I have 5V connected to AV it won't turn on. When the 5V is disconnected (white wire shown below) it turns on, evidenced by the CPU heating up. I have tried...
  11. porc

Question 2 hours of sanding but 1V is still shorted

Just tested and we're sitting pretty at 0.99 volts
  12. porc

Ah, ok great, that is what I was really worried about. Makes sense. Thanks!
  13. porc

This is what I'm getting, does this look right? the GND-1V is the only one I'm worried about
  14. porc

You know what, I'm reading the Wii Trim Resistances thread and it looks like that might be normal for a 6-layer. I was seeing all the 4-layers having resistances higher, in the 30+ Ohm range, but looking at the two 6-layer posts there my resistances are actually almost identical. I think I might...
  15. porc

The resistance is at around 4-5 Ohms