Search results

1. splain

Worklog The 64ME BOY

I'm a huge Game Boy nerd but I want an N64 portable, so I want to make one that looks like a huge Game Boy. I think this picture sums it up pretty well: (I'll probably end up calling it the 64 Boy or something. 64-me-boy??) I understand this isn't a new idea, but I've been meaning to make an...
  2. splain

Worklog Not the "Game Giir"

Hi all, I want a portable Wii, and it's finally time to make one. It’s going to go painfully slow, just like all my other projects. I’ve been casually collecting the stuff I need, and reading y’all’s worklogs for a long time now, and I need to get started before too much of this stuff is...
  3. splain

Guide Pearls of Wiisdom from Discord

I’ve posted a couple of things to BitBuilt here and there, but I’ve been lurking in the Wii guides and worklogs for a long time, slowly preparing to make my first Wii portable. I lurked for a long time before I started going on the Discord chat to ask questions there. And I’ve been getting some...
  4. splain

Worklog Game Boy Slim

Worthless Game Boy modifications that nobody asked for? Don't mind if I do! I was marveling at the thickness of the original DMG Game Boy, and wondering if there was some way I could thin it down. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted a slim Game Boy. I realized after waaay too long...
  5. splain

Question How to use 3DS sliders?

There seems to be a "best" way (or at least a "community best practice") for just about every technical/non-aesthetic aspect of building a portable console. But something I haven't managed to glean from reading worklogs is the best way to use a 3DS slider on, say, an N64 portable. From what I...
  6. splain

Worklog Game Boy Micro in a SNES controller

I've actually been working on this for a long time, but I rarely have time for this stuff. I figure I'll make a worklog here as a way to keep myself working on it. I had a horribly beat-up (functional) Micro and a non-functional SNES controller, so I decided to do the obvious. The plan is to...