Search results

1. Lightning

Worklog A Study in Product Sourcing

Hey everybody, been a little while, and I thought it was about time I posted what I've been up to lately, but rather than saying, I thought I'd let you all guess, so I'll just leave these here: I credit @Mister M for inspiring me
  2. Lightning

Attaching a digitizer

Hey hey all!! Here's a question: Does anyone know where one might get a thin sheet of double sided tape (probably 0.5 to 1mm) cut to a particular shape? I need to attach a glass touchscreen digitizer to an LCD you see
  3. Lightning

Worklog PCSX2 Device

At the risk of seeming like a pleb, I think it's time I engage the community once again, because as we all know, everything we don't know someone else does. So here's what I've been working on; Its a Windows machine, which will run PCSX2 (and whatever else it can handle), and every game that's...
  4. Lightning

Question Dreamcast VRAM Upgrade?

So I found this post: https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/this-is-what-an-extra-8mb-of-video-memory-does-to-a-dreamcast.51971/ And it got me to thinking, how feasible would it be to simply get ahold of a few of the chips from the Atomiswave (I already found some) and replace the ones on the...
  5. Lightning

Part Identification

Hopefully this is the right forum, I need some help identifying a part from a schematic: Its obviously an inductor but I can't seem to find a part that meets the ohm/frequency requirements, I've been on digi key for hours looking for one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
  6. Lightning

Guide Removing ICs

I was just preparing my board for trimming and I thought I'd post a little guide about removing ICs, provided you don't intend to keep them. Cut the chip legs with a razor blade on a stick (or whatever they're called) Pick up the main body Desolder and clean the pads PS: not sure why...
  7. Lightning

Worklog PS2IO - A new loading method based on old knowledge

So here it is, I want to develop a way to load games at full speed from backup media in the PlayStation 2. The name I've chosen is in reference to a similar, but unaffiliated tool designed for the PlayStation 1 that allows games to be loaded from an SD card http://ps-io.com/ The design will...
  8. Lightning

Worklog Lightning's PS2, years in the making

So I'll skip the introduction, I'm sure it's all been said a million times, but as the title suggests I've been working on a PS2 portable for about as long as I can remeber, probably coming up on about 8 years at this point, and through that time I've leaned countless things about design...